Is there any interest in model t jacks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Is there any interest in model t jacks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 08:20 am:

Just a question In clearing out the garage I have found 9 Model T jacks, are they worth anything?, or are they a dime a dozen. These are 1920 to 27. What to do. Thanks Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 08:22 am:

pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 08:27 am:

I'm going out to the farm today and I will take pictures,Dads garage is 16 cars mine is 2 I am over flowing here,with stuff, I think I'm going to open a post office just to save time. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 08:32 am:

The screw jacks are not rare, but should be worth selling. Why not take good pictures and put them on eBay? I suspect they would bring more one at a time rather than as a group.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 08:59 am:

I've seen 'em priced from $15 to $90...depends on who's selling 'em that thinks they're worth something vs. the guy that wants one bad enough I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 10:29 am:

I am looking for one.

Appearance isn't important. I'm more interested in functionality

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Scott Hills just listed a couple in the classifieds - shipping might be less expensive from Oregon compared to Canada ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Spadafore on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

I'd be willing to take one off your hands if I don't find a reasonable one in Marietta this weekend. Same as Don. I can make it look pretty as long as it's functional.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

If they made 16 million Model T's, didn't they make 16 million jacks? And, like tools, if the car got scrapped or totaled or turned into a Speedster or doodlebug, did the jacks survive to live another day?

There has got to be a reason why, when cleaning out the garage, you found 7 jacks, but not 7 Model T's. If there is a local flea market or swap meet, you might net more for them as opposed to paying UPS, Fed/Ex or DHL $40 to ship a $20 jack.

JMO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Everyone should have five Model T Ford jacks.

One in the car.

Four on the shelf to use if you like to keep the tires off the floor during long term storage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

I carry a Ford jack, but for holding the tires up off the floor I use four of these:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/404572.html?1385911783

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Years ago, nobody wanted tiresaver jacks and you couldn't give them away.

In recent years they have become very popular and the price has gone way up. Also, it can be difficult to find a matched set, especially smaller ones that are better suited for Model Ts.

However, Model T screw jacks - factory and aftermarket - are a dime a dozen.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration