Any reply from the OFC ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Any reply from the OFC ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 08:27 am:

Has there been any reply, acknowledgement or comment from the OFC committee on the letter that was sent? Has any other club or organization received any comment or reply from them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Don't know about you guys, but I am holding my breath !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Looking a little blue Burger?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Burger,

Aren't all MTFCA members automatically members of the OFC?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Is this thread about the OCF, or is there an OFC that I am unfamiliar with?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Solak, Chicago, IL area on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

Old Fart Club

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

Im still a junior member of the OFC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

Not sure, Gary. I do know that I hold out no hope for people of ill
intent to willingly do good. These new event organizers have other
ideas for what the OCF should look like and lack the cojones to just
come out and state their objectives, leaving the old guard participants
to die the proverbial "death by 1000 cuts" with their changes, smoke
and mirrors, and obfuscation. Such a shame. I never went, but it
sounded like the ultimate step-back-in-time event.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

A blue burger.
Is that one with blue cheese?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

Sorry Dick it was a typo you are correct OCF

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

Perhaps someone could correct the title

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Dennis, I was pretty sure it was (because of the reference to the letter that was sent), but also thought I might be missing something.

If the title is corrected, then much of the thread won't make a lot of sense.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

I haven't heard anything.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

Keith, Thanks from all of us for the great letter you have penned. I am afraid the dye has been cast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

David,
I don't know if you used the wrong word, or the right word; typically, "The die has been cast."
However some of this discussion is of the nature of the folks in charge, which can be described with colors, in that case, yes the dye has been cast!
I know the situation isn't funny, but if we can't laugh at SOMETHING, then it gets too depressing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

Hi David, I hear you. At least we tried.

Marty, Have you heard anything, like through the HF grape vine?

Just wondering...

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

BTW, my post just above was for David Corman...

David Dewey, I get your point also :-).

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 09:14 am:

Here is what little I know so far:

There are still several letters going out from individuals and from some other single and multi-make club chapters and national clubs to the powers that be at THF.

(If I'm repeating myself in the following from a previous thread, sorry, but it's been a while).

It is my understanding that the bicycle folks and the Lansing to Dearborn folks had a meeting with someone at THF and managed to change their minds about limiting bikes and excluding the LTD participation in OCF. I am getting this third hand, so don't hold it as gospel.

However, another couple of individuals had a meeting with Neilson that was, from what I understand, not very encouraging and was instead, discouraging. I think at least one of those individuals reads this forum and I'll leave it up to them to decided if they want to share more of the meeting. Or, I will find out if they will allow me to share it.

I'm hearing that many looooong time participants in both the MM and OCF will no longer attend unless things change.

Although I see their point, this is very upsetting to me. I, for one, cannot fathom this hobby with out MM and OCF. If I could see some actual, genuine logic -- or the real reason -- for the changes, then maybe it would be so bad.

If THF wants to get rid of the events, then just do it with one stroke of the pen, not this lingering, painful death.

Sorry. Thanks for letting me vent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 10:04 am:

Never been but have been reading up on it. Can anyone tell me if this event got "out of hand" in any way? Parking, over attendance, whatever? It sounds to me like an attempt to limit attendance not cancel it or let it die on the vine hence my thoughts on possibly over taxing the place. Maybe a lottery type thing would have been a better answer if that is really the problem. Personally, if you're expecting a big pull back from their original mailing I think you're in for a disappointment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

I have heard from a very good source close to the event the issue is nothing other than parking. The event has no choice but to severely limit the size due to the lack of parking. The grounds will be going thru much change in the coming years and the OCF is a victim of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

Not to argue but Ford could come up with a lot of parking at the drop of a hat.The general paying public has no idea this year they will see a severely downsized ocf until they have bought their admission! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 08:51 am:

Don, not to diminish your source, but from what I know from my sources, it goes beyond just parking, although that is an issue that, I think, could be solved fairly easily.

If it is ONLY parking, than why a non-refundable registration fee? Why a Pass-In-Review by invitation and lottery? Why only 2 wrist bands? Why, initially, uninvite the Lansing to Dearborn folks and limit bikes?

Rhetorical questions, I know, but will the above changes and the others solve the parking issue? To me, they seem unrelated, unless they are meant to greatly diminish or eliminate two great shows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20160412/NEWS/160419933/ford-to-overhaul-he adquarters-campus-research-and-engineering-hub-in

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

It would seem easy to put a gaurd shack and a gate on the open vacant area of the proving grounds and entry to the ocf for cars bikes trucks cycles through the Eagle Gate. A few hours work,and some fencing changes i think could save a great event? Sorry Henry,some one with one job and horse blinders can spoil your vision!!!!!!!!!!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 07:34 am:

Don, thanks. I read the article, but I don't see where/how this impacts THF, apart from a lot of construction around them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 07:54 am:

I understand its a matter of shifting the parking for the 12k employees and also having space for the construction equipment and such. This is going to be a long term project involving the engineers building also. Ford has actually tried to make parking arrangements for the village but there just isn't anywhere to be had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 08:59 am:

Marty as the article states the construction will be an area bounded by Rotunda Drive, Village Road and Oakwood Boulevard. It also states early work will involve roads, sewer systems. I think this is the prime reasoning behind shrinking the OCF and MM events.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 09:21 am:

Then why the big hoopla and mystery why not just come out and say "Due to construction and expansion of the Ford facilities we need to reduce the number of participants at the OCF" If indeed that is the reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Good question Dennis...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

Don, understood, but I stand by my original comment. Granted, a lot of construction. There is a lot of employee parking within the Village proper, for example, behind Lovett Hall and nearby that area -- well away from the proposed construction.

Dennis, exactly!!!

There is more going on here than we are being told, I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

If Oakwood Boulevard is torn up can you imagine the traffic backed up? I'm not saying this is or isn't the reason, I'm just relaying the information given to me. Take it as you may...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

Every air show and golf tournament I have ever attended as a spectator, I parked off site, paid to do it and got a shuttle bus to the venue. The buses ran continuously and spectators could come and go as they pleased.
The on site parking was limited to participants. Even the volunteers had designated parking and caught golf cars or vans to the venue.

There are ways to manage parking issues.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 07:33 am:

Robert - Yes, there are. But the problem is exponentially bigger when what you're parking is a potful of trailers of various sizes, which have to be accessible from the rear (to load and unload antiques) as well as from the front (to hitch and unhitch tow vehicles, which themselves come in a wide variety of sizes). I've helped plan several HCCA tours; the very first problem to be solved is trailer parking, because without that you have no tour.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration