Ford Logo controversy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ford Logo controversy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 02:08 pm:

Here's a link to an interesting video about the Ford Logo...if you've got 9 mins. you don't know what to do with. Made me check all mine...they all have the "curly Q" on the "F"...so I dunno.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7N5AsrcEZM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

The guy gives examples of what he considers period or authentic factory Ford script instead of actual Ford script. Very poor research on his part and zero authentic examples.

The pigtail is there, especially in period printed material, but sometimes it is filled in solid, like in a script radiator badge:

1914 Ford Times

1939 Ford dealer catalog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 03:07 pm:

The video is really about the Mandela effect which is collective false memories.

The Ford logo does have a pigtail, but if you show folks the incorrect but similar version, they pick the incorrect one even though they all have been exposed to correct Ford logos for many years.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=mandela+effect&ie=UTF-8&oe= UTF-8&gws_rd=ssl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

May be a little OT, but here is a web site I found years ago when looking at some Ford signs. I think it is very helpful when trying to date or prove a sign is real or not. Dan

http://jerseygaspumps.tripod.com/ford.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Looked to me like the guy wanted everyone to agree with him, that his "memories" were accurate, and that Ford has surreptitiously altered their logo the past short while just to vex him. Erik is right, every example he provided was either non-Ford, or so badly presented, you couldn't really tell what you were looking at. Just plain silly. As for the "Mandela Effect", it's not exactly breaking news that folks don't pay close attention to the small details of common items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

The pigtail was really emphasized in the upholstery embossing...

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 12:30 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 08:55 am:

I remember those "Bool" hubcaps in the J.C. Whitney catalogs over 50 years ago - whoever made them didn't have license to use the Ford script, so that was supposed to fool you into thinking the item was "OK".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 09:05 am:

My first car- a 1931 "A" tudor- had a full set of "BOOL" caps on it.
I always wondered why they didn't just use the "F" instead of the "B" in that stamping?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 10:20 am:

I hope everyone is happy now. The oval blew off and ended up on the roof two nights ago. It was dark this morning.

(Message edited by tmiller6 on March 03, 2017)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration