Zenith 04 carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Zenith 04 carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

I just put a motor in my 27 roadster and this is the only carb I have (I think I have an updraft intake somewhere)I know nothing about these carbs .This one appears to be in good shape.
Will it work , any tips or what to look for ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:26 pm:

I have one and it works very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:47 pm:

Are you able to buy parts for It? Needle ands seat ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 01:01 am:

Original equipment on the Chevy 490 and for several years afterwards. Also used on a lot of other small cheap cars. Eldon Townsend made an Aluminum manifold for them to mount them on a T. My opinion is that they are some better than an NH but not all that much.

No parts source that I know of. They are a very simple carb and run quite well. That said, they are a fixed main jet so there is no way to adjust the mixture. I make an adjustable main jet conversion that works in them -- similar to the one for the SB4F Zenith and the larger HP4A and 5A series. It makes a whole different carb out of them to be able to adjust the mixture instead of having to change jets to a different size to get them to run right.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration