Model T Identification Help?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Identification Help?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Anderson on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

I have a 1924 Model T that I am trying to find a bit more information about. The car has been modified into a roadster pickup type with a Hudson Terraplane box. The car is relatively complete otherwise. We are trying to get it into the hands of someone who can use it but need a bit more info.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

What information do you need?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 12:25 am:

Looks as if it was a touring at one time. A "cut off pickup" with an NH carb which might be right on for a 1924.
Engine serial can be found on the driver's side of the engine block right above the water inlet (the tube and hoses from the bottom of the radiator).
Looks as if it has the late coilbox but then again there is a distinct formation in the middle of it which then leads "ME" to believe it's an earlier coilbox with the remains of a switch on it mounted/cobbled atop the engine. It surely may have happened. :-) The later T's had the coilbox mounted there.
I can be WAY off tho.

Would you do a kind favor and drag that T out of the Western South Dakota Grasslands a little and click some more close up pictures?
These people can be a fantastic resource here on this site and should be able to help you with some more ID. "We like pictures" they say and it's quite true.
:-)

Oof. If you weren't so far away from Minnesota...

(Message edited by Duey_C on March 01, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 01:40 am:

He has posted more info and photos on Fordbarn.

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215795

Hello everyone. First time posting here. We've got a Model T, late 1924 build from the serial number. But it has been converted to a roadster truck and has a Hudson Terraplane box on it. The car is relatively complete but body isn't great. We are trying to get this car into the hands of someone who can use it but I need a little more info, if any, on the car. We just don't have the time/place/ambition to take on any sort of project like this.

Any more info on the car? Thoughts on condition? Thanks!

This was posted by someone else;
The box is from a Terraplane Utility Coupe. These were a very low production model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 01:47 am:

Looks like some nice bones for a project. Hope you can find someone that will bring it back to life, as a T, NOT a ratrod. (I can't even hardly type that word. :-(:-(:-( ) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 02:21 am:

I can imagine the Terraplane enthusiast may want that box for one of those coupes.

The T could be made back into a touring car, or it could become a speedster, I agree, looks like some good bones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 06:16 am:

The box may be worth more than the T. I could be wrong but I believe those are pretty rare. It would stay on it if it were mine . My Grandpa gave my dad a 47 chevy truck for wood hauler when I was a kid. Had a studebaker bed on it. Chevrolet coming at you and Stuebaker going away. Very cool
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 08:26 am:

Agree. That rare box is most $ parted from the remains of a T touring.

The touring body is shot, no wood in the frame of that body, the rear sill is dry rotted, fenders are bad, no wheels, those rear ones aren't Model T. Part it out, may be some engine parts and front and rear axle parts worth saving.

'Bout the only piece I see that can bring $50 and easy to remove is that aftermarket front fender brace and bracket! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 09:37 am:

That's a parts car pretty much. Its been to long on the 'back forty'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Anderson on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

Thanks for all the help. The box does look to be from a Terraplane Utility Coupe from the looks of it. I don't have the serial # handy but it looks like a late 1924 number from the little research I have done. Engine and drivetrain are complete and we have another full undercarriage/drivetrain with it. Along with some parts. Too much snow at the moment but plan to drag it out this spring and get some better photos. Hope to get it into someone's hands that will make whatever parts work. With anything, it's just finding someone who has interest. Thanks, I will update once we get better photos!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration