1925 Tudor questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1925 Tudor questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 08:39 am:

The "new" '25 Tudor in our garage has the small gas tank under the driver side front seat. What is the capacity in gallons? Also, there were no tires on the wheels and the measurement across the split rims is 22 1/4 inches. What size tires do I need to get? I'd like to find some decent used tires to mount. New ones would probably look out of place. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 09:22 am:

I have 450 X 21" on my late 24 Coupe. 28-29 Model A's used the same size. You can probably find some pretty decent used tires at swap meets but you have to act fast if you see some good ones. Good used 30 x31/2 and 21" tires go pretty quick at the swap meets!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 09:37 am:

Thanks John. Anyone know the capacity of the gas tank? I'm guessing 5 gallons but not sure. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 10:15 am:

I used to own a '25 Tudor - it was 8 or 9 gallons. The square tank was also used in early coupes and our '19 Centerdoor has the same tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 10:33 am:

I am enjoying that car and now that wonderful display case in your garage. Some folks have it all. I always though I might get 10 gallons in one of those square tanks but never have.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Thanks. What a great forum. Sure do appreciate the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Great photo including your garage. (My shop more resembles the "10 pounds in a 5 pound bag"...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

Speaking of garages, a friend of my brothers contacted the TV show, American Pickers about my garages. They called me yesterday, very interested. HMMMMM.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration