Charging Indidual Magnets on Flywheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Charging Indidual Magnets on Flywheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 10:04 am:

This is the simple magnet charger I made last week. It is designed to charge individual magnets removed from the flywheel ... or still attached to the flywheel as illustrated here. To charge the other pole you simply turn the block around so that the other end of the iron core touches the magnet.

magnet charger

For those who didn't see the way this is used for individual magnets off the flywheel ... here it is below:

magnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Mark, You don't need to physically reverse the orientation of the coil to reverse the magnetic polarity. you can simply reverse the Positive and Negative connections to the coil to reverse the magnetic polarity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 11:20 am:

Like! Very compact and neat. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

Hey Mike, Yeah I know I can reverse the connections but I have marked the fixture with North and South and for my dyslexic mind it's actually easier for me to keep track. Pivoting the fixture with one clamp on actually takes less time than removing the clamps anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

Noted; whatever works best for your setup. Good to have options. Good luck with magnet recharging. Glad you continued use of the solid wire re-charging coil and were successful in achieving the desired results without costly and unnecessary re-work using stranded wire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

What voltage are you using to snap these with?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration