Repo 26/27 radiator apron

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Repo 26/27 radiator apron
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Trying to install repo 26/27 radiator apron, the holes do not line up with the studs! The holes need to be moved back 3/8" to 1/2" on the pre-bent tabs. The fenders are repo and the flanges are tight to the front of the frame now. I am sure someone has run it to this, any suggestions on how to fix?
These are the parts we need to work with at this time and have to make fit. Yes I am sure that original part would be best but don't have them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

Mark, with repro parts you just have to do what works on your car. The 26-7 aprons I have seen come from varied sources. Some have the tabs on the side to sandwich between the frame and fender brackets, some come with no holes drilled for the radiator studs, none of them have the correct deep curve across the panel like the originals, so feel free to do what you have to.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration