OT-Another 56

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT-Another 56
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

This was my everyday car in the 70's and early 80's. The photo's are from the Winter of 79/80, when they were all worried about global cooling and entering into a new ice age. These pictures were taken when I got home from work. The snow at the entrance to the driveway was even higher from the snowplows. I drove right through it and right up to the garage. This car would go through anything. It had over 100,000 miles on it when I got it. I put over 300,000 miles on it (No,I'm not exaggerating) when I had it. It was like the Ever-Ready Bunny, you couldn't kill it. It was an excellent handling and driving car. It was standard shift with a six cylinder engine. When I was done with it, I sold it at an antique car auction (Manheim, PA). A dealer from Michigan bought it, and it might survive today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

Dan, that reminds me of my teenage years with my 50 Chevy Fleetline that I still have. I would take 3 or 4 friends and a case of beer and go out and plow threw as much snow as possible. The plan was to have enough friends with that we could get pushed out of any snow drift we got stuck in. A couple of times we had a long cold walk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 08:10 am:

Dean, I did that with a 55 Ford 4dr. I still have that car in my "parts" department. I have a lot of stories with that car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 08:40 am:

Bought my 54 Mainline tudor in high school in 1986 and drove that car through absolutely everything.

Put 80K miles on it before I parked it in a barn in 1994. I pulled it out of the barn in 2005, pulled the body off the frame, re-did every nut and bolt, installed a late model 302/AOD combo and have put 7K miles on this version of it.

The 52-59 Ford ball-joint a-frame cars are bullet-proof, dependable and very comfortable. Some of the best cars Ford ever made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 09:12 am:

In the fall people in town raked leaves out in the gutter to be picked up. A friend thought it was

funny to run through and scatter them. this one guy had a pile about 4 feet high and 30 yards long. after a couple of nights of this he put a rail road tie in the leaves, It wasn't so funny after that. Took the whole front under carriage out from that Chevrolet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 09:36 am:

You guys are fortunate. It was in 1957 that all auto marketing departments got together and invented "planned obsolescence". Since then car's average lifespan steadily decreased until Jap and Gèrman competition caused increased quality in our automobiles about 30 years ago. Just my humble opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 06:20 pm:

Don, at different times in the past I have had three 54 Customline 2dr's, all excellent cars,one only had 26000 miles on it. I have had a lot of Fords and Mercs from T'S up to 56, all excellent cars as you stated. With the advent of the FE series engines and the 221 thru 302 engines, set Ford up with some excellent products for the sixty's as well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration