Fuel inlet elbow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fuel inlet elbow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

All fuel inlet elbows I've seen look like the one on top. Maybe I haven't paid much attention but never saw one like the skinnier one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 10:29 pm:

Cory-
The one on the bottom looks like it has 1/8" pipe thread at both ends...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

I think Keith is right. Looks to me like the same thread on both ends. I'm not sure it's pipe thread though. It doesn't look tapered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

The bottom one looks like a typical later type ell made for brass compression rings and an appropriate "nut" at both ends - if the openings have a rebate that fits standard tubing closely, that's probably what it is. It's not "original" Model T - the top one is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Here are some close ups.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 05:30 am:

That looks like 1/8" pipe thread on one end. Could be used on a T carb, but the original police will spot it and dock points.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 05:53 am:

How about at the other end of a fuel line??, 26/7

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

I was looking at some fuel 90s I have and the ends are slightly different.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration