Going North on 75. Looking for starters, coils and NH Carbs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Going North on 75. Looking for starters, coils and NH Carbs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Umberger on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 09:46 am:

Traveling N today on I 75 S Georgia to Kentucky. Would like to buy core parts along the way

If you know of such for sale please post here or call 727 433 2242

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

Did you call American Pickers??
(They did call me!--my siblings think I'm a hoarder. . . )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

David - Someplace recently, I saw a photo of a tee-shirt that had a saying printed on it in big black block letters that pretty well covers this:

"IT ISN'T HOARDING IF IT'S REALLY NEAT STUFF!"

(:^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 02:20 pm:

Harold,
I agree completely, but "neat stuff" is very subjective!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 02:51 pm:

Yup! One mans trash is,......well, you know.........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 05:27 pm:

DAVID sell it to them for twice what its worth! Thats what they will do. I like to see all the stuff they find but prices are ??? Im suprised my wife hasnt called them. Sell them a complete set of original thrust washers! Wait 2 x nothing? Cant make money like that. Maybe a set of 4 wood model T batteries?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 05:51 pm:

I always liked the touching part of "pickers" when they are trying to buy something from their victim who has an emotional attachment to:

"Oh, I think it is really neat and you've taken such good care of it. I'd really like the honour of buying this from you so I can treasure it as much as you have."

Then once the deal is made the graphics and voice-over:

"I bought it for 100.oo,
I can sell it for 300.oo,
that makes me a profit of 200.oo!
CHA-CHINGG!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

The problem I have, is Ma Green isn't for sale at any price, Barney isn't unless it's enough to buy a much better model T. The 26 Tudor? Well, that's tough, I don't really need it, but I did promise that it would never be "rodded" The '16 DB, while I would be willing to part with it, a very good friend has restored many trim parts for it for me and I had a debt there isn't yet paid, and I don't think he would understand my letting it go. So that leave me with the steamboat parts, the railroad motor car, the '53 DB pickup, and the '16 touring that is in many, many, many parts. Then there's all the other "stuff" which I could let go, but I doubt it's the kind of stuff they would buy--except the 20 HP Stanley engine. And then there's all my trains, but they are destined for my layout that I plan on building.
Uh oh - Is this the way a Hoarder justifies their stuff??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

Ben, looks like everybody forgot all about you. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 12:40 am:

Sorry Ben, my bad! I don't know how to rerail this thread now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 06:31 am:

Can't help you on your parts, but I can certainly sympathise with you having to take 75 thru TN. Seems that whole stretch of road is dominated by people who drive in the left lane at the same speed as those in the right, seemingly oblivious to the mile long line of cars behind them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 06:46 am:

Hal,everbody knows if you set your cruise on 71 mph you can drive in the hammer lane. Once its set thats it ,you cant touch the gas peddle! Brake and resume are your only options at that point and never ever look in your rear view mirror!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Umberger on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Bob, I noticed that, it has been much more entertaining than I expected. I'm trying to figure out how to work MMO into the thread and see how long that will last.

By the way I'll make the trip back Indiana to Florida next weekend (in case someone does have parts for sale)

It is quite a contrast, 86 degrees when leaving Florida, now in Indiana with snow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 12:52 pm:

Welcome to our world Ben!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 02:25 pm:

Hello David Dewey, Bill D in Redding, The statement of "Hoarder's", I would say is kinda like this.
You or I am not a hoarder we just like to see the item in a more safer place, for it's own protection. I have several front hubs and spindles and they are in a very safe place in my shop on the shelf. In a nice dry place away from getting wet and rusting and forming a different patina.
Hope all is well in the DAM ?area!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Bill, I'll have to stop in on my next trip to Dunsmuir! We can compare "safe storage" areas!
:-)
DD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

I'm glad you mentioned MMO. It makes the rods roddier, the crankshaft crankier, and the pistons pissier. Smells nice too. I like to wear a little dab behind my ears. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration