What Valve cap for a 16?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What Valve cap for a 16?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

Thanks to all the good info from Royce Larry Steve and Eric. I think I have a pretty good idea what I need to do to put original valve stems on our 16 my question is what is the original valve cap? our car only had one on it its the bottom of picture I can't find any markings on it, it may have traces of nickel on the insid threads hard to tell I assume it's original to our car it had 2 original smoth White tires on it. its different than Erik Johnsons 17.The schrader caps I picked up have a different shape any one have any idea?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

Paul, your bottom cover looks like a Dill brand cover. I have some on three of my cars, but mine differ in that they have the valve core removal tool on the end. Also mine have a sliding threaded piece within which allows me to adjust them to any length valve stem. As the sliding piece fits the small valve cap thread on the end of the stem, they can even be used on rubber stemmed tubes, hiding them from sight. I love them!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

Dill "Instant-On" - have them on our '14 Touring also !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

These covers are 1926 I think the 1914 one may be the same as 12 they have a knurl around the bottom, I had the early ones on the car but the brass polish gets stuck in the knurl,the later ones polish up nicely, buff the nickel off and they should be brass, Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 09:36 am:

There was a photo of a new '17 a while back in a showroom, and it had the knurled dust caps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 09:42 am:

Maybe it varied somewhat from car to car?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/538385.html?1430686908

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/537757.html?1431453212

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration