Choke wire 1913

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Choke wire 1913
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

I see vendors offer two different choke wires, one designated "original type" but no illustration. What's it supposed to look like ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

You can make your own.

John Regan's Fun Projects website has documents section, click on choke wire.

Here is the link in .pdf file.

http://www.funprojects.com/pdf/ARCFX9.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

Perfect ! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Dan !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

Your local welding supply will have the 3/32"copper coated welding rod that's perfect for the job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 09:17 am:

After making the Rod can it be passed through the front of the car with the 90 degree bend in it or do you make that part after you get it to the Carb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 09:21 am:

You should be able to wriggle it through. Mine aren't quite exact to spec, but have a bend in 'em and I have no trouble doing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 09:21 am:

I made the right angle bend after putting it through the radiator to line up with the choke lever. I don't think it would go through with a full 90 bend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 09:33 am:

If the hole in your radiator is anything like mine, the little dog leg at the end of the rod should slide in and out easily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 10:07 am:

Yup, that will go, but you'll have trouble with 7/8" of a right angle bend like the drawing shows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 10:11 am:

It goes through fine with the factory bends in a brand new hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Royce, what's the hole size please ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 10:52 am:

5/32"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try and make one soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Royce, once again my thanks !! You've answered so many of my dumb questions, if and when we meet in person (and I hope it's sooner than later) I want to buy you dinner !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

I think if you look close enough there is a part of Royce's solutions and advice in all of our cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 01:55 pm:

I posted a thread detailing how to mount a Brassworks radiator back in 2014. It shows how to located and drill the choke rod hole and the holes for the gas tubes in a new radiator. I can't seem to find it in a search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/478960.html?1410707026

Do you mean this link Royce?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 02:51 pm:

Thanks Bill that's the one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

Mike Walker makes very nice ones for all years, you might contact him. I have purchased quite a few from him and will this year too. He lurks on this site. Mike are you there? Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 09:24 am:

Yes, I'm here. Mine are sold by Lang's, and I'll have them for sale at Chickasha. There are about 10 variations thru the years. Sounds as if the OP would rather make his own.

(Message edited by coupelet on March 04, 2017)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration