1926 Roadster Turtle shell Gasket or sill strip??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1926 Roadster Turtle shell Gasket or sill strip??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

Would anyone know what they called this gasket material or where I can buy it? It goes between the body of the car and the turtle shell
Is there any gasket, seal or beading body and frame and body and fenders?

Gasket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

Model A gas tank Anti-Squeak is very similar.

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/gas-tank-anti-squeak

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 06:42 pm:

NOS '26-'27 turtle deck

Seems to be thin black strip with rubber like black coating. Don't know an exact match, but I have used black Model A fender welt there, it has a beaded edge, the T I think has no real bead edge showing, BUT its rolled over fabric so a beaded welting would look alright.

Other than the deck, the Improved open cars didn't have welt between fenders, splash shields or body and frame.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration