Looking at a 26 Coupe- any problem areas?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking at a 26 Coupe- any problem areas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 03:13 pm:

Going to look at a 26 coupe tomorrow. It is supposed to be an unmolested original. Possibly original paint & upholstery, some surface rust. one spot of rust through in the rear panel of the rear deck. Not running but good compression on all four cylinders. My previous T's were both 1923's. Is there anything special about a 26 model that I should be looking for when looking at this car?

Thank You
Dennis R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

The '26 Coupe I restored had a problem with the weight of the doors. The top wood was bad and the weight of the doors actually forced the A pillars back about 1/2". I was able to straighten it back and with new top wood it stayed put.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 04:48 pm:

Check for rust at the lower sides of the cowl
And between the doors and the rear fenders low down
Good steel rear fenders are important. Not available new and hard to find used!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration