Tacks in 1913 Turtle Deck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Tacks in 1913 Turtle Deck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

As many of you know, I'm currently working on a '13 runabout turtle deck. It's pretty interesting in that it still has all the original wood, except for the slats, which I will make soon. What is interesting is there were four 1/4" tacks on the bottom side on each corner. The only thing I can figure is they were to hold a square piece of cardboard or paper for painting. At any rate, all four were bent over. What were they used for? Next, there were a number of runs in the original paint. No indication of blue or black. Do I understand the first few coats were a clear varnish?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 09:31 am:

I'll have to check today, but those tack holes I'm referring to may be for those leather washers that Russ Furstnow makes. I'll have to check in a while. If so, mystery solved!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration