New member, first T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: New member, first T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dunn on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

I've been following along here for a few weeks now. My first T arrived today. It's a great runner, real straight and rust free too. Feeling like I hit the lottery!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 10:39 pm:

Looks great Dave, Congrats and welcome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

Dave, you registered on the website as having a '23.
Now tell us more about it.
What accessories does it have?
How much have you driven it?
Do you have side curtains? Are you carrying a spare tire and tube or a demountable rim and tire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

Nice!

Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

It's interesting how people make a Model T their own with paint and accessories. What are your plans for it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 11:49 pm:

What a sweety and welcome to the affliction/addiction of these neat little Fords!
Has the rear axle been gone thru yet? Sorry Dave, I couldn't resist. ;-)
Yes, these folks like pictures (me too). Hint hint. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dunn on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 01:00 am:

It's either a "tall hood" late '23, or a '24 depending on your point of view. It's titled as a '23. It's got a Model A carburetor that seems to work quite well. It's got a clock in the dash that still works after all the years gone by. No spare tire or mount, I'll be looking for those. I'm told this one received a very through restoration sometime in the '60's and not used much since then. Perfect top and upholstery. Came with new door cards and floor mats and gas tank too. Looking forward to some better weather so I can do some driving. Very much enjoying the forum, lots of good info and entertainment here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:23 am:

I'm not far from you Dave - drop me a line & come out for a "garage tour" ! Maybe help with parts you might be missing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tman - Right Coast on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:34 am:

Looks great you have just taken your first step into the ( Model T ZONE )

I hope it is a long step for you. The Model T is the door to a great way of Life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:40 am:

It is always nice to hear from newcomers. I hope you enjoy the T and the forum. Some of us forget how special it was when we started.
Thanks for reminding us.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Welcome and a nice looking T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Welcome to the hobby. If you look for a spare rim, be sure it matches the others. There are de-mountable rims which look like they would fit, but don't.

I will be visiting my daughter who lives near Lacey sometime in late August and could meet you, if you care to.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 02:59 pm:

Congratulations and welcome to the club. You will find lots of things to do to it and you have to be careful so you don't end up with 2-3 of them they multiple quickly. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

Welcome to the blessed affliction! _You're going to have more fun with that car than you ever anticipated. _The Tin Lizzie will—as the great automotive historian, Henry Austin Clark, once put it—broaden your social horizons...

... but if you're not single, be a good sport and occasionally lend the car to your unattached son.

And be prepared, at red lights, to answer such questions of the driver in the next lane as:

"What year is it?" _2017.

"How much did you pay for it?" _If I didn't tell my wife, I'm certainly not telling you!

"How fast does it go?" _You mean, 'How slow does it go?'

"How long have you had it?" _I'm the original owner.

"How much is it worth?" _About $150-thousand (Hey, ya never know).

"Is the radiator gold?" _14-karat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 03:20 pm:

I disagree with Tim :-). You need at least 3. One to drive, one to work on, and one for parts! A lot of trouble shooting can be done by transfering working parts from one to another and see if that fixed the problem. If that fixes it, then you can repair or replace the defective part. It will save you a lot of time and money fixing something which is not broken until you finally find the right part to fix!

The problem with this plan is now all 3 of mine run, so I need something to work on and don't really have room for any more.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Norman, I was totally kidding I love these T s and A models too. The wife doesn't see the reason for 2 Ts and 2 A s but we all do.. Your right having more than one can help trouble shoot issues. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration