I never saw this before. 5 to 1's. ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I never saw this before. 5 to 1's. ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lang on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 11:24 pm:

Don
Wow that is quite something!!
I have a 9 tooth pinion (4.44-1). My plan is to use it with a T5
Thank you for posting this

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 12:22 am:

With a ratio like that and the key way so close to the tooth valley, I can see that pinion splitting like a dropped egg!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 02:55 am:

A "wow" from me too. Would give great gearing for a T pickup working in logging or construction, especially used with a Ruckstell or Warford.

Someone went to a lot of trouble designing this only to put the key-way in the worst possible place as Kerry pointed out.

Les, what is a T5?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 09:17 am:

a T5 is a modern transmission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:06 am:

Hey les I've sent you a couple p m s. Do you have an email ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:38 am:

Constantine
Mike is correct. I have cast some aluminum conversion adapters to facilitate the installation of various standard and automatic transmissions from the '60's-'80's to the T block (including Borg Warner T35 automatic and T4&5 manual, and Ford C3 & C4 automatic. A A4OD automatic should also be possible).
Definitely not for the "purists ". Potentially for the race car guys.
Another conversion is a late '60's Volvo 4 speed in place of a Warford. I might have that at Lincoln hill climb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:40 am:

Robert
I've now sent you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Jackson II on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

I have an original Morton and Brett 9-tooth pinion gear that was originally raced in a model T Ford sprint car I previously owned for about 40 years. Take notice where the key way is located. Since the gear was well used I had an "experienced" machine shop "duplicate" it, which they did except for the key way. It was machined like the one in Don Lang's photo. Needless to say it broke almost immediately punching a nice hole in the differential housing.M and B 9-tooth pinion

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration