OT I hate drunk Drivers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT I hate drunk Drivers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

My Daughter's (half) sister was on her way to work with her teenage son in the car with her, when a drunk in an F150 crossed the centerline and hit them head on. The driver of the F150 and Stacey were killed, her son escaped with a broken right wrist and a compound fracture in the bone just above the wrist He is expected to recover from his injuries.My Daughter says she is trying to get permanent custody of Stacy's Children (6)and raise them with my 2 granddaughters I told her that is going to be a heavy load but she is going to do it anyway. I am proud of my daughter but really wish this hadn't happened :-( be careful out there they are out to get you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

G.R., I've put in prayer of help for you, your daughter, her half sister Stacey and all of the children. Sad day.
Duane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 12:46 am:

Seen it so many times. So many humans are pure scum.
Few things chap my hide like the socially irresponsible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 03:01 am:

GRC, It saddens me always to see/hear such news. My deepest sympathies to your entire family affected by this. I have seen such things too many times myself.
It sounds as if your daughter is taking on a tough load. Whatever their individual ages, those are six kids with a terrible hurt to move on from. Help your daughter, and the kids, to feel loved, cared about (those two things are not one and the same), and secure in their families. They, and your daughter, will need that to move on and live rich, full, lives.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 07:44 am:

Sorry to read this GR.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 07:50 am:

My sympathy to the families.

Several years ago a dear friend, her husband and children were all killed by a drunk driver. One senseless act wiped out an entire family. I can't say I know what your going through because they were not family but we were close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 08:30 am:

G.R., so sorry to hear of this tragic loss. God bless your daughter in her noble plan to keep the kids together. She'll need a lot of support and prayers for sure. I'll add her to my ever-growing list.

Burger..I'm with ya on that thought too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 09:02 am:

My sympathy to you and your families. I hate to hear this. I will never understand why, in what seems like 98% of cases, the drunk driver escapes with minor or no injuries, while the innocent get the worst of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent stefanacci on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 09:15 am:

Every time my friends and I go to any concert , party , etc, etc . I always play designated driver as it is just that easy ! Best of luck to you and yours !
Even seeing SCUMBAG assholes texting while driving makes me cringe ! I have never talked on a cell phone or texted anything EVER !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Nothing worse! Had accident , drunk crashed into gas main next to utility pole. State trooper pulled driver out just befor fire. On call driver for power company showed up drunk driving a 4 ton truck. Told the officer on scene I dont care what he does but I want him off our scene. He got a free ride.
GR prayers are with you and family. Seen it to many times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 11:34 am:

I'm very sorry to read about this. You have a good daughter. My God bless your family.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 02:20 pm:

In the three deployments I did to AFG, people back home were constantly
saying "Be safe over there", or expressing other concerns about getting hurt
or killed. While it was a "hot zone" and we actively had an enemy trying to
kill us, we were trained, cohesive, and on point for whatever might be tossed
our way. It was impossible to make these people understand that even though
I was in the thick of it, I was safer there than they were just going about their
business back home. Just do the math.

How many people were lost in any given conflict, say ... by year ? Now, how
many people were seriously injured or killed in that same time period by drunks
and druggies on the "American front" ?

Add in home invasions, drive-by shootings, inadvertent killing of bystanders
and innocents by all walks of socially irresponsible people ...

This news sucks. And it happens over and over and over again and we never
put our foot down and say "enough !" It is getting to a point where the social
parasites rival or outnumber the good, socially responsible citizens. I could go
into a political rant about all the "feel good" programs and enabling subsidies
that swell the parasitic class, but the truth be told, it is the CITIZENRY who votes
these people into office and sow the seeds of bad things to come.

I am powerless to do anything about except to call in every drunk I see on the
road (about 30 last year) and physically stop those I have the position to do so
with. If everyone was proactive on this, a lot of these incidents would never
happen.

G.R., .... I am sorry this bullshit was rained down upon your world. I hope
you are mad as hell and will raise it with a fury when your mourning subsides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

God bless your family. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

G.R.,

So sad to hear this.

My ex-wife turned out to be an alcoholic just like both her parents.

She repeatedly drove around with our daughters in her car drunk out of her mind - she had an account at the corner store & would send our 12 year old daughter in to get her daily bottle of booze so she would not have to leave her car.

You don't stand a chance against alcoholism - it destroys generations of families.

The Gift that keeps on Taking.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

So sorry to hear of this. My sincerest condolences. Will keep your family in prayer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

Thank everyone for your responses I passed them on to my daughter also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

Heart goes out to you and the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 01:15 am:

So very sorry to hear this, what a wonderful and giving Daughter you have. Will pray for your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 09:02 am:

F.J....wow, sorry to hear of that misfortune with you and your family. Way back when, when I was a part-time wedding photographer, the most drop dead gorgeous, nicest personality bride, turned out to be alcoholic. Somehow she must've hid it from everyone, as I heard she just beat on that guy something awful once they were married. The couple divorced before the brides mom picked up the wedding pictures. She had tears in her eyes not only from "losing" her daughter, but to pay the bill on top of it. Sometimes ya just don't know until it's too late.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rion Schulze on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 09:55 am:

Firsthand bad experience, 3 years ago i was driving the fire engine eastbound on highway 30 at 3 am, divided 4 lane. Coming toward us at a high rate of speed was a car going the wrong way. He narrowly missed us as i crept towards the median. He continued in the wrong direction and entered I380 north but traveling south. Minutes after the captain radioed the incident, our agency was dispatched to I380. This guy proceeded to hit a car head on at a high rate of speed. We made it back to that scene. He killed a beautiful young gal while he himself survived. Her boyfriend was following her home and witnessed it. Very horrific. Yeah, i hate drunk drivers too. He was 19 and had his 2nd offence already. I could do without that part of my job.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration