OT Feders from Pittsburgh PA area to MAINE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT Feders from Pittsburgh PA area to MAINE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Friday, March 03, 2017 - 11:47 pm:

I am trying to find a way to get 2 used Model A Ford front fenders from West Middlesex PA to Bangor or Portland or Calais Maine area, the further north the better. Seller wont ship. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 07:41 am:

A lot of people have recommended Fastenal for shipping. There is a Fastenal store in Farrell Pa which should be less than a half hour drive from anyplace with a West Middlesex address.
I live nearby also. Send me a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 08:12 am:

I think that Fastenal will not ship sheet metal parts. Try Greyhound bus lines, they will ship them as long as they are packaged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 09:01 am:

Dale. PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile ....San Jose CA on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

I had two Model A fenders shipped from Minn to Cal via Greyhound. The seller simply wrapped them in bubble wrap and taped a label on. One took a couple of days and the other took over two weeks. It had quite a trip all over the US. Greyhound was cheap and I would use them again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile ....San Jose CA on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

I had two Model A fenders shipped from Minn to Cal via Greyhound. The seller simply wrapped them in bubble wrap and taped a label on. One took a couple of days and the other took over two weeks. It had quite a trip all over the US. Greyhound was cheap and I would use them again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:01 am:

Another option is the YT Hauling Schedule:

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/haulquery.pl

That's a pretty neat option if you prefer dealing with an individual. I had a friend that shipped some NOS '48 Ford fenders by Greyhound and they never arrived. Back then it was just "tough luck". That was awhile ago and I don't know if today they have any sort of claims process.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration