Looking to get the T on the road

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking to get the T on the road
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

I'm located in Bucks County, Pa. Hope to get the 1920 Runabout on the road this spring.

I'm looking to have a knowledgeable T person come over for a safety check and assessment.

The last two things I am working on are hooking up a rear light which has been problematic and removing a stubborn lens rim from one of the headlights to determine why the dim light won't work.

We got fooled by some pretty nice weather the past few weeks so am looking ahead to a nice day in April?

I am more than happy to reimburse for the time and effort. Everyone's time is at a premium these days, and would really appreciate the help.

Many thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

Does the reimburse for time and effort apply to residents of California, as I have never been to Pa, other than to go thru there on the way to Chicago when I returned from Germany to get out of the Army in 1956
Just kidding. And good luck and a fantastic looking "T"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

Thanks, Bill! Sure, I always say the more the merrier. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

Brooks: Just finished working on headlights, horn, and taillight on my 26. Grounding seems to be a lot of the problem. Clean, brush, emery cloth parts to get a good ground. Also check the bulbs as their condition can be deceiving. I couldn’t get the tail light to work even though I was getting current to rear socket. Put in a new bulb and it works??? Good luck. Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Will do, Chuck. Many thanks for the tips...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Dim doesn't light? Switch the wires. If dim lights and bright doesn't, the problem is in the wiring or the switch. If dim still doesn't light, check the bulb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 01:55 pm:

Thanks, Steve. Really enjoy your posts and the videos, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

About 50 miles one way. PM me if interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:35 am:

Charlie, I have a T person contact me a bit closer. Thanks for reaching out. This forum is simply the best.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration