Headlight Wiring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Headlight Wiring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

On a '24 Touring, does the headlight wiring all run down the passenger side by the generator and then split and go across at the bottom of the radiator.

Or...does the driver's side portion originate at the wiring junction block and go down to the driver's side headlight on that side of the car?

If so...what are these clips for? (I photographed them this morning on John Mays' survivor '25)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

Don, cant answer your question. My 26 runs driver side and runs across bottom of radiator in those clip to pass side. Is the belt made from old tire? Very cool. Mine had a mans leather belt on it when I got it. The splicing tool came with it .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

On a 24 the passenger side light is with the timer wires and generator wire. The drivers side is separate and goes on the drivers side. The clips on the radiator are for the light wires for a 26-27 that al light wires are an the generator side and cross over to the drivers side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

I can't find any of the vendors selling the wires that go from the junction block to the driver's side headlight.

Is this sold by any of them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

Don, the loom clips shown on the bottom of the radiator indicate a narrow core radiator. Your car may overheat in Texas. The new replacement radiators have the full width cores which work much more effectively.

I love your farm fit replacement fan belt. Perhaps the tread creates extra air turbulence to help with the cooling!!!!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Spadafore on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

I bought the complete car harness kit from Lang's, but the individual harness you're looking for for the driver's side is catalog number 5041, "lighting harness, original style."

https://www.modeltford.com/item/5041.aspx

It has the drivers side headlight wiring, mag to terminal block wire, battery wire from starter switch to terminal block and the tail light wire in one loom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 11:31 pm:

DON, I JUST GOT THE WIRES YOU NEED FROM MACK"s antique car parts, there getting hard to come by, lang's has been waiting for some time for them, i prefir lang's to all the rest but could not wait any longer..google macks antique car parts. good luck greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 10:18 am:

There are two separate looms for the headlights, which have many additional wires in them as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

I just ordered mine from Snyder's.In stock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 02:35 pm:

Other places to check before resorting to You-know-who: Antique Auto Ranch, Birdhaven, Bob's, Chaffin's, Smith & Jones.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration