Water inlet / outlet hardeware ---black era

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Water inlet / outlet hardeware ---black era
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

What is the correct hardware to fit the water inlet and outlets for the black era cars---like mine which is a '25?

I bought the new bolts Bob's had made up, and while they look great, it seems to me the later cars had a shorter head height. Am I wrong? From what research I have done online, it seems his are made for cars up to '16, but it is hard to find pictures of that side of the engine to determine.

Thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 03:25 pm:

The later cars actually have a higher head and they also have a high radiator. The parts supplier should stock the right part for your car. The catalog should have the years listed. When it is in place the outlet should be in line with the radiator.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

I believe Chad was referring to the bolt heads not cylinder heads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

My 27 has thick head bolts on the water inlet and outlet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

These are the new reproduction bolts. From the few pictures I can find online, it seems that the later black era cars like my '25 should have a thick headed bolt, but just not as thick as these---which are definitely for earlier brass cars. Am I right or are these fine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

The heads on the water outlet/inlet bolts on a 1925 should be the same as the heads on the head bolts. Same thread, same diameter, same size head. earlier ones were thicker, later ones were domed a little. At least, that's the way they are on our Canadian sourced cars.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Yes Allan, that is the analogy I should have used. They seem like they should be the same head dimension size as the head bolts.

Anyone have a super nice original set for both water outlets they would like to trade for these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

I do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Use a drill press and a file and make them whatever thickness you want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 10:22 am:

Often there are NOS water inlets and outlets on ebay.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration