Coil question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Coil question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 03:32 pm:

Last week I Bought a 26 coupe. Here's my question the previous owner had the coils ran to a toggle switch inside. When we loaded it a week ago, He left the toggle on.... Did that damage the coils or just drain the battery? I am working at my job and just wondered if that would have damaged the coils. I don't have time to work on it this week so I just disconnected the battery and went on to work. Thanks for your information in advance. I am still learning about these cars. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

Tim
Look at each coil and see if you see anything like this. If so it is not a catastrophe and can usually be repaired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

Check and get the battery fully charged IMMEDIATELY.
Let it sit in a partially discharged state and it will soon be toast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 07:41 am:

Ok Thanks guys I will put it on the battery tender today.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration