Bent emergency brake handle.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Bent emergency brake handle.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

Does anyone make the bent/offset emergency brake handles like some of the speedsters have? I just don't have leg room and want it out of the way. Is this something I can do myself? Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated. Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

I bent mine cold using two big crescent wrenches. Don't get carried away, or the end of the handle will hit the footwell trim and rub a gouge into it when you put the handle full forward. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

I bent an offset into the levers on both T's. I heated them with a cutting torch and bent them towards the passenger side, about 8 inches from the floor. Them did heated the four inches from the floor, and bent them so they stand straight up. I did the lever and the release link at the same time. After they cooled, I rubbed them with Scotchbrite and rattle-canned them black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 10:19 am:

Some of these handles were slightly bent from the factory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

I moved mine back 12 inches and made a bracket on the outside of my speedster. Works great and is out of the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

On my last speedster moved it back 7" and outboard 7" this can be adjusted many ways to fit your needs
And uses stock brake rods
If you look closely I heated and S shaped the handle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joss sanderson on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

Bend it however like. Mine are bent to be about 2" from the door and thus making a bit more legroom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Another set up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 11:47 pm:

I've "zee'd out" two of the levers on my T's like others. I used two Monkey wrenches/adjustable spanners to do the bending and I did it cold.
Worked good. I have a piece of tin on my footwell on the driver's side of my '18 so I'm good for now.
I cannot stand it if the lever is touching my leg!
I thought I had some nice pics with the monkey wrenches in place but no.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration