Model T, Chevy for sale.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T, Chevy for sale.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:36 pm:

Seller knows it's not a Ford, but somehow still thinks it's a Model T!!

https://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/6026891302.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 10:46 pm:

I knew someone that had one "exactly" like it, only it was a Dodge, and a convertible, and had a rumble seat, and it was a woodie, but it was a 1932 Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson, Bloomington, MN. on Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

Might be a T bumper inside the car, but other than that its all Chevy.
Had one like it years ago and the wood work replacement was worse than any T I ever owned. No door posts in this one will be fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 01:33 am:

When I first got into classic cars about 9 or 10 years ago, I was watching Barrett-Jackson on TV, and saw a "Chevrolet Model T" cross the block.

I couldn't dig up much information other than this one website.

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/stories/vintagechevys/page1.html

As far as I can tell, it is a legitimate vehicle. Does anyone know otherwise?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 04:51 am:

Chevrolet's truck Model was called Model T. Started production in 1918, I believe. That's a cool looking flatbed truck!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 08:54 am:

That car is not a Chevrolet Model T. It is a series "AA" Chevrolet Capitol four door sedan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 09:31 am:

It's exactly like mine, but different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 10:03 am:

I remember being at Pate back in the early 90's.

I was in my 20's, fresh out of the military.

I was standing there, looking at a 20's era Chevrolet sedan in "barn fresh" condition when an old-timer walked up, stood next to me and said, "don't buy it son, those damn Chevies are all wood on the inside".

He walked off and a few minutes later another old codger walked up, saw me looking at it and said almost the exact same thing.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 10:16 am:

Royce, look closely at the picture. I don't think it's a car made into a truck. I'm not an expert but I believe that very possibly is a late teens Cheverlot one ton truck. Willis Jenkins is right, Cheverlot did make a truck call a "T" for ton .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

I don't know about the chassis on that Chevrolet truck but, the radiator, hood and cowl are identical to the Chevrolet 490. The 490 was produced through 1922. I don't know the fenders, maybe from a Chevrolet Model FB?

Willis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration