Whose Model T's at Tampa Electric Manatee Viewing Station?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Whose Model T's at Tampa Electric Manatee Viewing Station?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 10:14 am:

Last Monday, quite a few folks were taking pictures and admiring these two Model T Touring Cars South of Tampa Florida at the power station. One man knowingly proclaimed for all gathered that they were worth $ 50,000 each. He seemed to be quite an authority on these 1930 era cars! I did not correct or dissuade him as he had the crowds attention. Who owned and drove these cars? I would LIKE to drive a T in Florida but an fearful of being hit from behind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 10:15 am:

Sorry on the pictures. Will try to resize and clear later

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 10:54 am:

Glad to hear the value is up on black era Ts. Good they are on the road also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

I drive my T in Florida all the time with no problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

I drive mine all the time in Jacksonville, usually I get waves and smiles but occasionally I an accused of being #1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

The winter tour is there now. Fun time in Crystal River this week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 08:01 pm:

I drive my T's daily in Florida. You have to pick your route and avoid rush hour but otherwise you just have to deal with the usual gawkers and texters that are everywhere, not just Florida

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

Mount a .50 on it and place a gunner for rear approach breaches !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Conklin on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

I own one of the cars pictured and a friend owns the other. Both cars are on The Winter Tour in Crystal River, FL. If the gentlemen who said these cars were worth $50,000 would like to buy them please let me know!!
As far as safely driving in Florida these cars are never going to be as safe as amodern vehicle but with proper planning as to when, where and how you drive, the risks can be reduced. My car is also equipped with better brakes, turn signals and BRIGHT tail lights that are on all the time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 07:30 am:

Donald,

Your paragraph about safe driving is the best summary
I have read about Model T safe driving.

Hope you enjoy the tour .

I assume you either planned your route to avoid
home made ice cream shops or Jerry Kramer
is the last car in the group .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration