High volume oil line

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: High volume oil line
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Delancey on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

Looking to get the outside oil line from Texas T parts. From what I see, there are nuts that go on the inside of the hogs head to hold the mount on. Could these nuts come loose?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

The screws through the hogshead hold a "pan" that directs oil flow into the outside line. No nuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

Is the inner plate necessary, or can you drill and tap the screw holes directly in the hogshead?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

The "true oiler" is such a good design, I wouldn't mess with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

AND I SEE NOW THAT IS ONLY RECOMMENDED FOR LONG UPHILL OTHERWISE COULD EVEN CAUSE DAMAGE ON FLATLANDS ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 12:39 am:

Mike, I don't buy that about long hills and damage. no problem on mine for years and lots of miles. The location of the new ones is on the D.S which has a little less oil sling there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 09:09 am:

I see Gene ! So in your opinion is a must have , and wouldnt hurt on flatlands and local driving ! Im planning to open my hogshead soon and have to decide .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:35 am:

Oh For sure put it on while you have the H/H off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration