1912 commercial roadster top

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1912 commercial roadster top
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin sevigny on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

Does anyone have pictures of the irons that go inside the front seat for the top to mount to

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

I'll bet Tim Wrenn does ! Tim ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

Kevin you can buy the top parts of the irons from the vendors and weld the bottom strap from a later body iron. The top of the body iron is an inverted cone shaped hole into which an S shaped bracket inserts. The foot is short about 1 1/4 " long with a hole drilled thru for a fastening bolt. The vendor sites should show pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

I see Chaffins carries the S brackets p.244 on his online catalogue, item No. 3827. I don't see the body bracket. Perhaps its no longer made.
I can't remember the name of the fellow in central Ca who was making the them. Maybe someone can chime in with his name and contact info. It wasn't Howard Caccia who sadly passed away but another fellow who was casting them up. He also made the radiator boxes for the Model Ns. A good guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin sevigny on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

Thanks for the info I have the irons but I am not sure if they are the right ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

Rich, Kevin..slow gettin to this post! Yeh, Kevin, PM me and I'll run out to the barn tomorrow and photograph what you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin sevigny on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

OK thank you rich I have a feeling the brackets I have belong to a 1911 roadster.not sure if 11 and 12 are the same.thanks again kevin

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration