Does Anybody Make and Sell: .....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Does Anybody Make and Sell: .....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

.....1). TT Ford stake bed hardware for the top 1" X 4"s ? Four corner sets and 2 center sets?

.....2). Pancake Hassler brass round data plates. I have a '26 roadster with a set of earlier front beehive style Hasslers. But I just bought a $10 junk cotton trailer T chassis with 2 upper Pancake Hassler arms. Now I have a box full of Beehive Hassler parts but need the 2 pancake style springs. Question: the bottom bracket that attaches to the front spring - is it the same for both styles of Hasslers? I'll be at Chickasha if anyone has 2 pancake springs they'll bring and sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

George
If all else fails contact me. Where I live at Calgary Alberta Canada there is a small one man operation that has wound custom coil springs for me. He has even made some sets "beehive " style valve springs for some early cars. So if nothing turns up. I will need as much detail as possible of the design you want

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Unobtainium Parts has all the TT hardware. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 07:31 am:

€bumpŁ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:29 am:

George,

Try going to www.trailerparts.com

Then hit Products --> Door & Gate Hardware --> Stake and Rack Hardware. There you will find corner and side coupling.

Hope all is well,

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:30 am:

George, It looks like the above site may have the stake board hardware that you need. As for the Hassler parts, I don't think the bottom arms for the front are interchangable with the earlier ones for the beehive Hasslers. I say this, because on the beehive Hasslers, I think you have to swap spring mounts in the axle, RH to LH; LH to RH. On pancakes, you leave them on the side that they came in, but turn them 180 degreees.

No one that I know of reproduces the round Hassler data plates. A few years ago, a seller on Ebay offered them and I bought a pair. I was told they are not the correct ones as they have a red background instead of black, but they're better than my old ones.

As for a pancake spring, I may have an extra to my complete set. I'll just have to check.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

I forgot to add, the vertical metal stakes are sold by the Model A parts vendors. They may fit a TT stake bed. I know of no reason Ford would have made them different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

Thanks everyone - especially you Rich !! Those corner brackets and straight slat brackets are perfectly similar to era brackets found on our stake beds!! Look me up at Chickasha and I'll buy your lunch!
How about those 2 types of Hassler lower brackets that fasten to the front springs? Will an earlier bracket work with a 'pancake' spring ?? Will anyone be bringing 2 of the later Hassler springs to sell at Chickasha?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

I forgot to say....what a good company, this Trailerparts.com. I called them today at 3:30 pm my time (4:30 pm in New Jersey) and had the 6 pairs of stake connectors shipped today for $55.17. And they're 2 1/2" X 4" with 3 holes for 5/16" carriage bolts just like the original !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 08:38 pm:

George, If you don't find what you need at Chickasha, kep me in mind. I know that I have at least one pancake spring and possibly some other pieces, too, and they'd be easy to mail from Richmond to Lockhart.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration