Gas line 27 T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Gas line 27 T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

Is the gas line supposed on a 27 roadster
to be a stainless line from the fuel bulb to the carb? Does anyone have a correct picture of how it should be bent and look installed. Thanks in advance? Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

Tim, while stainless might look nice it will be a beggar to bend. The correct stuff is likely tinned steel like brake line tubing. I have a lifelong supply courtesy of my Dad who worked at the mill making the tubing.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

I Will get some brake line then, at the parts store. Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

Make sure you have a hand held tubing bender and keep slow, firm pressure on the tubing while bending to avoid kinks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 06:28 am:

Here's a photo of the fuel line for a NH equipped '26 in the Ford Service Manual, Fig. 561 at page 279:

fuel

Originally the fuel line was zinc coated brass, 1/4" O.D. and 3/16" I.D. Steel would work fine. Rust won't be a problem in the engine compartment for a garaged car in hobby use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 09:29 am:

A '27 would probably be a Vaporizer, but the bend and material is similar. Here's a pic from my '26 Tudor before I tore the car down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Gas Line

gas line

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:26 am:

Ford made a special cast brass inlet adapter for the vaporizers, so they could still use the stock gas line used for the NH carburetors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:58 am:

I don't like copper because it tends to get brittle and break at the end next to the fitting. Steel is better such as brake line. The vendors sell a good reproduction of the steel line. Also in the picture posted by chuck, the loop is not correct and could be a possible source of vapor lock. An air bubble could be trapped in that loop and the pressure of the fuel would just compress the air and not push the gas into the carburetor. However vapor lock is not as likely in the cowl tank as it would be with the under seat tank as in the earlier models.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:04 am:

I was concerned about vapor lock. We had this discussion on the following post/link.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/650738.html

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration