1925 Ford Model T Touring Dimensions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1925 Ford Model T Touring Dimensions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Melane on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 02:57 am:

I am inheriting a 1925 Model T Touring car and need to buy a trailer to haul it. It has been partially disassembled in anticipation of a restoration so I am unable to determine the exact length of the completed car. I am looking at buying a tandem axle utility trailer with a rear ramp. I just need to know if I should buy a 12 foot or a 14 foot trailer so that when the front wheels are against the front rail of the trailer the rear of the body/rear fenders will not touch the rear ramp. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 07:14 am:

Marc,

For now - beg, borrow or steal an enclosed trailer to go pick up the Model T.

Perhaps you have a good friend you can hit up for a road trip ?

Buying a used trailer can be an expensive education if you don't know what to look out for.

I got taken to the cleaners many years ago when I bought my first trailer - it was used.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 10:28 am:

Marc, there are some dimensions in this link. You also have to take into account the overhang of the top if folded down.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/34854.html?1188329164

You can Google search dimensions for your car if you add MTFCA to your search criteria.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration