OT air compressor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT air compressor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:34 am:

I just got a 1970 Chicago Pneumatic pull behind air compressor for sand blasting. Any one know where I might find operators manual or service manual for this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Try googling the make and model plus "instruction manual."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Try an on line search. Type in "PDF Chicago Pneumatic air compressor (add the model number if you can find it)" The PDF should bring up downloadable files of the manual if they are on line. The search will show the PDF's and other sites that have information on line. I just tried it and found several but without the Model Number I couldn't narrow it down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 11:59 am:

Try here send them a message
http://www.cp.com/usen/whatwedo/us-stationarycompressors/pistoncompressors/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

There are sites that sell original and reproduction manuals here on the net.

Be specific in the Compressor ID information. Make ,model, serial no and etc.

There should be a ID plate or number information somewhere on the air compressor itself or on the undercarriage, framework, or trailer it sets on.

Its there somewhere if it hasn't got painted over
gotten or lost over time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 03:11 pm:

Jim,

Be extremely careful with an old, used air compressor. There's usually little way of knowing if the previous owners were good about draining condensate from the tank. A rusted out compressor tank can be a potential time bomb. Not trying to be a scare monger. I'm just super cautious about such things.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration