Howells sheet metal contact needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Howells sheet metal contact needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Ledbetter Sheridan,Or on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

I have been trying to contact Howells sheet metal for 2 weeks about an order I placed it was suppose to ship the next day and that's been a month ago, does any one no of any other numbers I have tried 1-800-375-6663 and 409-838-3673 I have left multiple messages and they don't return call
if some one can help that would be great

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

Good Luck. I waited nearly 2 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 02:19 pm:

For what it's worth:

This "experience" is from several years ago, but I learned something about dealing with "Howell's" that may, or, may not still be the same, but again, FWIW:

It seems that Howell's will seldom answer the phone when one of us tries to contact them. However, when I ordered patch panels from Howell's thru' Langs, the order was filled promptly and correctly. It seems like Howell's will treat a vendor like Langs with much more respect than Howell's will treat us "individuals". Makes sense when you think about it.

I placed my order with Langs and the patch panels were shipped directly to me with no problem. Hope this helps,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 02:20 pm:

I guess they are still the same way about answering the phone or email which they usually don't.

That's unfortunate for us T people. For some reason I called them about 7:30 AM my time here in Texas and they answered the phone! I got the parts about 5-6 weeks later.

But that was 3-4 years ago. They use to come to Chickasha every year but didn't come last year. Or so I read here on the forum. Maybe they will come this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

The best experience regarding delivery from Howells is usually when buying through ebay. They only put parts they actually have on the shelf for sale there. Other parts may only exist in their catalog pictures until they have a number of orders and choose to make a batch.

Then comes the bad fitting - usually they haven't got the same crowning as the original part. But they're the only game in town making patch panels for Model T's, so it's take it or making it yourself..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Ledbetter Sheridan,Or on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 03:42 pm:

I would go some place else if I could I need the front panel for the seat riser for a 1925 TT cab if any one knows who else makes the panel please let me know

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

Lonnie-

Harold has this right in my opinion. I got my TT parts after waiting months and then reordering through Langs. The ebay approach seemed to work as well on another piece. Even when I got them on the phone, nothing was ever followed through with.

That said. I have a front panel for the seat riser that I don't need from Howells. We might cut a deal privately if you are interested. I can send pictures to make sure we are talking about the same pieces.

TS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

For what it's worth...

About 18 years ago, on the old FordBarn site, someone from Howell's Sheetmetal advertised a 26 turtle deck for sale that I needed for a hotrod I was building.

I ended up driving out to their shop near Beaumont (I think it was in Nederland, TX if memory serves) to pick it up. It was nearly cherry...they'd used it as their model for the replacement parts they made and no longer needed it.

I paid what I thought was a ridiculously low price (something like $150) and was waiting in the shop while they located it.

The whole time I was waiting, the @#%!@ phone was ringing! They never picked it up. It would quit ringing for a second, then start back up again....and yep, they ignored it like it wasn't there.

I said to old man Howell (I think he's passed on since then) when he emerged with the turtle deck, "if you need to get that, I can wait". And he said, "If I answered that thing, it's all I would do all day long".

So there you have it.

Don't know if that's still the general S.O.P regarding the phone, but it seemed to be at the time.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Also worth noting...there were some very nice hotrods in the office area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 05:53 pm:

Tim, I'm eventually going to need one of those for my truck. Mind posting a picture of the reproduction part so we can see the quality of it? Thanks, Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

Matt, I will try to get something decent posted. langs should have a picture in their catalog as well as Howells. I had to buy the entire assembly for the pieces I needed. they have a door slammer version and c cab version if I recall. I tried to only replace the rot and keep as much original metal as possible. I learned to rivet poorly. fun stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

seat riser Howells

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Monday, March 06, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

Thanks, I have two pieces, that I might try to make into one then, but that looks like a nice piece. - Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

I never can get them on the phone but have good luck getting the parts off of eBay but you get no communication from them. I just ordered some model A sedan wood. We will see when it shows up. Just my experience. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration