Picked up 1923 Depot Hack from my aunt on Sun. It sat in her garage for the last 23 years.After spending a day looking it over the owner's before my aunt did not treat it well. The motor is stuck I put Mystery Oil in cylinders, will try to post pictures later. This Mod T thing is new to me so I know there will be a lot of questions. Thanks ahead of time!!!
Glenn, welcome to the affliction.
Hopefully you can get her freed up. I'm sure others will chime in with other good advice, the only one I have at the moment is buy an owners manual---AKA the black book.
Post up pics when you can
Hey Glenn, let that oil soak a while and get one of the kids or grandkids to stand on the hand crank. I have freed up 2 engines with penetrating and time. Try searching MTFCA stuck engine on google and others have had luck with different recipes on freeing up a stuck engine, May have been running when they stored it and just needs a little budge. JD
Another trick would be to release the brake entirely and rock the hack back and forth--gently! You're in high gear, and trusting the clutches to hold, but the idea is to loosen up the likely small ring of rust in (hopefully) one cylinder.
Expanding a little on what Chad said... http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html
I just freed up one. I had an engine that was rebuilt,and while I was sick(2 years) it had never been started. The darn thing froze up,even after I had put oil on top of pistons. I jacked up the front axle till wheels were off the ground about 4 inches.I engaged hand crank and measured distance to the floor.Cut a piece of 4x4 that length and stuck it under the crank handle. took the jack out and let it set.Took 3-4 days and the car slowly settled to floor.Then I could hand crank it over.
Glenn: A friend has a '14, or '15 couplet. The engine was stuck and luckily it was not the piston caused.. He had the head off and we found that several of the valves were stuck in the block. We GENTLY tapped the valves and in a short time we had the engine turning over. He pulled all the vales,, cleaned the valve stems and lapped the vales and re-installed then and two or three days later we had the motor running. The kicker to it was that the engine had not ran in 45 years according to the owner he bought the car from. He is working on the brakes and rear axles seals and sleeves..
He is a newbie but a Model A buff.
Good luck on yours and have fun and go out and drive it if it is in a safe condition.
Bill has made a VERY good point (he often does), check that your engine doesn't have any stuck valves--easy enough to take off the side cover(s), look to see if any lifters are up against a valve stem, the rest you can probably push a screwdriver under and see if they move up and down freely.
You don't want to over-stress anything!
I found mud dauber nests in my valve galley when I got Barney--they were also in the intake stove too. Glad I took them out before doing anything with the engine (Which runs like a top, although I will probably soon pull the head to check if I have any two-piece valves.).