6V Ooogah Horn

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 6V Ooogah Horn
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raymond Chester on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 12:14 am:

Does anyone know a good place to buy a 6V Ooogah horn?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 12:19 am:

Ooogahs R Us ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 01:41 am:

I would think eBad would be a good place to get one. But I just tried there and got one hundred eleven results for "vintage klaxon horn". Fully a hundred of them were modern crap! Less than a dozen looked anything like a vintage horn.
I hate most computer people. (Yes, I know a few that I know, like, and respect. But only a few.)
Unless you have some antique shops nearby (they are notoriously over-priced for such things), I still think eBad might be a good source. You just have to figure a way around their gamed search functions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 02:20 am:

Go to ebay, www.ebay.com and type "6v Klaxon horn" in the search box and a few vintage horns will appear. They look to be going for $200.00 to 250.00, but if you are not in a hurry, you will be able to buy one for a more reasonable price when it comes up in the weeks to come. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 07:21 am:

I posted a want ad here, in the classifieds section and got multiple replies for solid horns at reasonable prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:24 am:

They are easy to repair. Bought a new diaphragm from Fun Projects and followed the instructions that I found here. Ooogah, Ooogah.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 11:28 am:

If you want to show off an antique horn that's one thing I suppose but I bought a cheapo new 12 volt one and mounted it underneath in a relatively safe spot and it worked quite well. 6 volt system on the car. People expect Ah Ogga as opposed to the beep-beep of an original anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Follow Jim's instructions but after typing "6v Klaxon Horn" go to the right upper and click on "advanced", then click on "sold" and you will see some have sold for less than $10 in the last few weeks.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 11:53 am:

Charlie....does your cheap 12V horn, hooked up to your 6V system make more of the whole "ah-ooga" sound?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration