A Ford picnic-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A Ford picnic-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 08:03 am:

San Fernando, Sargus area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 08:53 am:

Must be a chilly day. Nice pic Herb!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 08:59 am:

looks like Hemingray 9 or 16 insulators on the poles.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:30 am:

I believe this is the same '13 pictured in the other post taken in Saugus. The lady passenger appears to be the same person. '14s didn't have that much of a tea cup pan either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 11:25 am:

The strange shape of the rear of the top could even make it the same car as in the lumber pile at Newhall photo. Perhaps Herb found these photos together.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Richard,

"The strange shape of the rear of the top..."

I was thinking you were going to comment on the woman's hat. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 12:58 pm:

Good point Jerry. I've redone a few tops but no women's hats yet. This top seems to have more slope at the rear than most. Either the rear bow is low or the next one is high. Or maybe it's just me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Norm
Do you think those might be the RR tracks along San Fernando Road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 10:06 am:

Great pic. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

Dale, Nah, they're too big to be 9s.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 02:28 pm:

The pins appear to be white oak, and not locust.

As that rail CF&I ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 02:32 pm:

that top looks just fine, water will run frt to back just like it should. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

The '13-14 rear bows have an added piece which is either nailed or glued on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 03:40 pm:

I was wondering the same thing, but note the first few photos of this series has 1913 plates. The lumber one has a '14 plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

That that rear bow shim is used on tourings through at least the 1917 model year.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration