Abuse of Craigslist

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Abuse of Craigslist
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 09:50 am:

Craigslist for Columbus Ohio shows 108 listings for cars and trucks to maximum year 1927. Check it out. What do you think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 09:53 am:

I don't understand how that connects to your thread title ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 09:54 am:

Not surprising at all. This is what happens when a site/service is free to use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:12 am:

FJ, maybe I titled the post wrong. I was struck by the number of listings that had nothing in common with pre 27 autos. This dealer is making sure he is predominate and I bet he doesn't have ANYTHING in that category on his lot. I have bought several model t's through Craigslist but I find it annoying to wade through this kind of ???? in search of model t related listings

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:17 am:

You can flag them and craigslist will take them down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:22 am:

Same thing with Ebay - If you sort the car listings by "year oldest first" you have to scroll through a bunch of kit cars and/or listings from morons who think they'll get an advantage if they list their 2007 Corvette as a 1900 model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:25 am:

I don't think it's as free as you may think. I think dealers pay a fee to allow them to post multiple ads. When you do the search, click on "owner" not all cars and trucks. Also when you do your search, try typing in "Ford Model T" or what ever brand of car you are looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:40 am:

I like to look at anything pre 27, but I also like to see other makes of cars. Individuals also use this practice. (Or maybe they are dealers posing as individuals.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Lenney,

If you filter your search results to limit them to vehicles by sale by owner only, no dealer ads should come up.

If they do show up in the results then the dealer is not abiding by the terms and conditions when listing the ad, nothing to do about that except flag the ad.

Personally, I find CL is great !

I buy all of my F350 crew cab 7.33 crew cab dually trucks from there.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:50 am:

BTW ....

Columbus OH is one of the best places to buy a vehicle at a good price by dealing directly with the seller who is the owner.

I have transported several vehicles for folks that found them on that CL city search.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 11:14 am:

And here I thought 135 heat, carrying 60lbs. of gear, people shooting
at us, roadside bombs, bad food, sleeping in the dirt, bad pay, and
dysentery were annoying !

I guess some people have REAL problems. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

Berger you are certainly right. I am healthy,have a comfortable mortgage free home,plenty of the necessities of life ,a family that loves me and I am 78 years old and able to go work everyday. I think it is time I thank God for my blessings and stop complaining about frivolous things. I sometimes forget that everyone is not so fortunate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Burger,
Maybe if they got rid of some of those non-essentials they wouldn't have it so bad. Start buying water at the local C-store instead of carrying it. Get rid of all the extra ammo they're carrying. If they can't get by with one magazine, it's they're problem. And really who needs dry socks? They're just going to get wet and your feet will continue to rot. Oh, and if you're not carrying water, those water purification tablets probably won't help.

Here's another thought, what's wrong with just going out 1/4 mile off the perimeter and hanging out there. Those damn long patrols wear ya out. And besides there are unfriendlies out there that really don't like you!

And seriously, that poor guy humping that M-60 is a problem. If he thinks everyone should carry a belt of ammo just for him, he's dreaming.

And if that darn medic would stay home, we wouldn't have to share our water. Now excuse me, I've got a severe case and I gotta go before I s%\? my utilities!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

I don't mean the above to be "mean". It was put forth in humor.
I often find my mind tripping back to things we would pull the trigger
over and just have to laugh at the personal frustration I feel for not
being able to uncork an effective "fix" that was normal in non-civilian
life.

That's why I have cathartic things like my sputtering old TT. Good
for "letting go" of the daily BS we all get pushed our way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

My Son and I refer to it as "first world problems"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Burger I don't think it was interpreted as mean. I found it to be pretty funny. And since retirement I've found it easier to let it all go. That doesn't mean I don't still find myself holding back from ripping the head of some as$h0ie who so desperately deserves it. But the Prozac, Wellbutrin and other forms of relaxing "agents" help get me through the hard times. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration