Fuel bulb 27

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fuel bulb 27
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Should a late 27 T have a fuel shut off valve on the fuel bulb? If so does anyone have a good pic of one that is correct. My 26 has a new LANGS FUEL SHUT OFF VALVE WITH a twist handle but my 27 has just a fuel bulb with the fuel line going out of the right side if your in front of the car and a filter inside of it but no shut off valve. Any info or pic would be appreciated. Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 12:36 am:

The one I'll be adding to my car, was on the car when my dad got it 20 years ago. Looks just like the replacement from Langs. When discussing it here about a month or so ago , someone posted a pic of a genuine Ford part. I'll find one one of these days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

The correct one is like in the pictures above. If you don't have a valve, you would have to drain the tank to work on the carburetor. And if you put one in the fuel line, you would need one which does not need to be removed to get the carburetor off. Also it is very good practice to turn off the fuel valve every time you park the car, just in case it should leak, and believe me, they can start to leak at any most unexpected time.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

I nicked these pics from Dan Treace , they show the original Ford part.

Comparison of copy to original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 11:09 am:

I have a small bin full of those originals in various states of completion, George - interested ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

I'll let you know Steve depending on what I find at Chickasha.
Thanks

Geo.n LakeOzark Missouruh ( formerly Los Angeles).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

O.K. !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

Thanks for the info and pics. I ordered the one in Dan's pic from langs. I will wait for it to show up next week before I get it started and running again. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration