Pile of tires-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Pile of tires-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Dated 1915.
What is the machinery next to the tires?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 09:10 am:

Belt driven air compressor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

Steam engine to run the shop?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

Good looking wall paper for a garage!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Air compressor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

Early tires look like they were very soft and elastic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

I noticed the same thing about the tires. Doesn't look like those tires would be to difficult to install. They might be old one's just thrown in a pile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 11:30 pm:

Can I play along too?
Compressor in the foreground with obligatory oil can and stain on the wooden mount. Do I see external valves on that pump? Hence the oil can? Remote air storage tank. The valves leaked a bit so the valve in the air line just above stopped that nonsense.
The pump has one free-wheeling pulley and one that's keyed to the pump shaft. Just shift the belt over depending.
Which leaves the engine to perhaps power something else like Tom says.
The pretty brass gauge in the background behind the air line is for the kettle (boiler)? Below that is the water glass for the boiler?
I'll bet that's a cute little upright boiler!
We can see some of the open framed upright "bottle" engine. Not a very big one at all. 3, 4 or 5 horse? The valve works guides are clearly visible then there is something that I can't identify; about even with the air output line that lessens our view of the top of the engine.
I didn't even see the wall paper til Lenny mentioned it... The hand saw hanging above the tires and the man's jacket back on the wall. Tires in the pic? Where? ;-)
And a wood floor. Ahh, a wood floor. Mmmmm. :-) I dislike concrete.
Such a cool pic on so many levels Herb!
Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 10:10 am:

i need it to run my line shaft for my someday shop display. i have steam engines but to big or to small. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 10:55 am:

That crumpled tire could just be worn to a frazzle. Probably too many burn-outs or dough nuts. LOL.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration