Easy way to install Kevlar Bands

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Easy way to install Kevlar Bands
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 09:18 am:

I found the easiest way to install Kevlar Bands, is to enlist the help of my very good friends Paul & Ken LeBlanc. Last night Paul came over the house and installed the new bands, springs (Langís #3425BQ), band adjustment washer & nuts (2), in less than two hours. He also swapped the brake pedals from my í26 coup to my touring, so at some time later I can add disk brakes to the touring car. Kenís contribution last night was lending us his brake changing tool and rivet setting pliers!
With friends like Paul and Ken life is good & easy!!!!

Happy motoring,

Warren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N1uD0y3XRg&feature=youtu.be

Paul LeBlanc installing new bands

I also added new wheels with shinny hub caps!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Paul needs more practice. The Ford service manual says changing the bands should take should take forty minutes.

I did mine in only about a week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Thats lightning fast Steve. My buddy has had his bands ready to install for 10 years. Meybe this spring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 09:42 am:

Hey Dallas, why not help your friend to finally do the installation - could be fun if he provides some beers :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 09:48 am:

Are Paul & Ken available to come to Florida?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:03 am:

Steve, Paul did it in less than two hours, including changing & installing brake pedals, riveting Kevlar bands and checking front end play. He also installed clip to hold my tail light in place, which I was unable to do myself. I figured, as long as he was in the garage I might as well take full advantage of him being there!!!!

Now I can start doing some happy motoring this spring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Dallas Landers, if I was the one doing the job I wouldn't be as fast as your buddy,

G.R.Cheshire, I'll ask them Thursday night when I see them.

Roger Karlsson, it didn't cost me any beers, but I did treat Paul to some of my home made Beef Stew and he did have a second helping. Told me Beef Stew was Ken's favorite and he was going to rub it in on Thursday night.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

Roger, Im ready when he is to get it done. Need someone to run around with. The other just run off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 12:52 pm:

Would Paul like a couple of days in sunny Florida as a break from winter? I have a few T's that could certainly use him!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

I would never have my cars on the road as safe and dependable as they are with out the kindness of strangers -- and they don't come any stranger than Jerry Van!!!

Seriously, I am by no means a mechanic -- I'm more of an historian -- and without the help of others, particularly, Jerry, I don't think my cars would be as good as they are.

Old car folks are particularly helpful, but, in the six or so years I've owned my '14, I have found Model T people to be more so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Steve Jeff a day but then beer breaks slow one down a little

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Val Soupios, I will pass along your invite to the LeBlanc brothers Ken, Paul and Steve, without them I would not be driving any of my Ts!!!!

Marty Bufalini, I agree with you 1000 percent. I always recommend that everyone join their local Model T club, the members are always ready, willing and able to help keep other members car on the road.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH7asvYZPAs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

Hi Warren. That's very nice looking touring car. Cheers, John

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration