1911 Model T Roadster (Mother-in-law) Right-hand Drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1911 Model T Roadster (Mother-in-law) Right-hand Drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Bryant on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 01:26 pm:

This 1911 Model T Roadster was restored by my grandfather in the late 1980s or early 1990s. He restored 10+ Model Ts and helped friends with dozens of others.

I inherited the vehicle and have had it in storage in Maine for over a decade now (I live in Texas). This is the time of year where I get the storage bill and decide if I am going to sell it or not.

I am going to work to figure out the details of the vehicle and will update this post as I find out more details. Post any details you would like for me to figure out.

I will have to work through the mechanic shop that has it in storage. They are familiar with Model Ts and can do work to the vehicle if needed.

Thanks for everyone help and comments.

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7
Photo 8
Photo 9
Photo 10

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

So probably originally a Canadian car!! Looking at the radiator it looks like the "Made in ????" has been ground away.
It is an intriguing car!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Bryant on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Les,

I had to convert these photos to lowest quality in order to upload. Where is that supposed to appear on the radiator? I will try to take a look in the full res photo.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 01:54 pm:

Charming photos.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

Thanks for the pictures. Does it have a clean title? In what state?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

Sent you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Bryant on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

I do not have a title to the vehicle, just a Deed of Gift from my grandparents estate. The estate and the vehicle are in Maine, I am in Texas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:07 pm:

Gotta see some pictures of the engine, carburetor, front and rear axles. Any body numbers anywhere? What is the engine number?

I really have no clue about '11s, I'm just saving you some reading as I'm sure others will request photos of at least these specifics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:07 pm:

Ever thought about a tarp/car cover? That would be neat to have but either a major project to move to Texas or an expensive one. Maybe both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:08 pm:

Josh
Just below on the right side of the FORD script

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

I wonder what it says on top of the lamps. CLASCO maybe. Perhaps CM Hall?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Where I live the lack of "title " is a non issue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

Look like Jno Brown sidelights but not sure of head lamps. Well, needs black upholstery & body painted dark blue unless its an early enough '11 in which case it could be that very dark almost black green. Also needs 2 piece firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Bryant on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:36 pm:

Thanks Les.

It is grainy in the full resolution photo also. I couldn't make out any more detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Bryant on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

I just got off the phone with the shop that is storing it. Unfortunately they won't be able to get access to it until June. It is in the back corner of a building full of stored cars.

As people come for the summer vacation time in Maine, the rest of the vehicles will be pulled out and they can get to the vehicle and take more photos.

I will check back in June when I can get some more information.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

Les, I think it is a Made in USA radiator. It definitely ends with an A, but there is no room for Canad in front of that when compared with the area for 'Made in'. Perhaps that is legitimate on early production cars before Ford in Canada got into action in Walkerville. I have seen front plates which have no indication of place of manufacture on cars in Australia.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

Alan
Certainly what you say is reasonable. The early Canadian engine blocks have the made in USA ground off of them. The lights would be interesting to know about

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 05:51 pm:

The front wheels look like 3" square felloe, she may be a bitts'a??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

I think Josh told me the radiator came off of another T that belonged to his great-grandfather's car so I don't think that one came with it, which explains the "made in USA".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Did the Canadian cars come in white for that year, or did they follow the same paint scheme that Ford Detroit used?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 07:10 pm:

Bill
I seriously doubt that the fenders would be white originally. I do own a nicely restored Canadian round tube radiator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

And the correct rear axle housing for '10-'11

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

The car is interesting and might make for a great project for someone but it's not for me - I really want an '11 Touring and won't settle for anything less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

I think tat the radiator on an '11 should not say Made in USA but should be blank in that location. Am I correct?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josh Bryant on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

The things (I think) I know:

- The radiator came from my grandmother's, grandfather's Model T that he purchased from the factory.
- The body is not an original but a rebuilt replica.
- Nothing else

These are my memories as a kid, so I am not 100% certain. I will get some close up pictures of the important parts and post them here, but like I said above June looks to be the earliest possible time.

I did drive this sometime around 2000-2002. It ran great at that time and has been garage kept ever since. I wouldn't expect it to need a lot of work (for somebody with T experience) to have it running again.

The parts list for pictures I have right now is:
- close up on the radiator
- engine (both sides)
- transmission cover
- front axle
- rear axle
- dash
- coil box
- wheel hubs (inside and out)

If there is another part somebody would like to know about, post it here. I am not planning to travel to Maine this summer and would like to keep the back and forth with the shop to a minimum.

Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration