Cleaned up for Sunday's show

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Cleaned up for Sunday's show
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

God must like old cars and tractors because last week it was freezing and snowing, and this week just in time for the annual fly in at the airport the weather is beautiful. I just finished cleaning and detailing my sister's car for the show. Should be in the 70s by afternoon. The show is put on by the local tractor club and has many antique tractors cars and airplanes. Last year's was a blast. The season is upon us at last. Liz Liz Liz Liz Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 02:34 pm:

If yur going to Winnemucca Mac with me you can ride.............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

I was toten my pack along a dusty Winnemucca road !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

Harvey,
She looks great. Have fun
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

Harvey...looks good. Glad to hear God and nature is smiling down on you, 'cause out here in cesspool Ohio we're back to winter with a vengeance starting tomorrow. Lows in the LOW teens both Sat. and Sunday night, won't make it to 30 both those days, and all next week only in mid 30s. Sheesh! And yet Feb. here was the warmest on record. Go figure! At least I drove the '20 3 miles today to test run her new wheels!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 03:55 pm:

Looks great Harv! I have a green T that needs cleaned up. I dont think it will look that nice. Hope you have fun.
Tim, did you think we wouldnt have to pay for all that warm weather? I feel your pain! Gravity wagon empty, now I am buying bag corn for stove. Not as much fun in 05 chevy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

A bit of musical trivia,...It seems the Hank Snow hit " I've been everywhere" was written in Australia with Australian place names. Some music director heard the song and had it re written for the North American market with North American place names. Hank Snow recorded the tune which became a huge hit. I remember hearing this song as far back as I can remember, it was great fun at parties to see how far I could resite before I got tongue tied, which usually wasn't too long.
I had always surmised that the only place name they didn't change was Winnemucca, as this is obviously the name of some town in the Australian outback.
Flip the calendar ahead about 40 years when my wife and are on a road trip in our 52 Hudson Hornet, navigating by printed map, and where did we come across?....Winnemucca....I'll be dammed !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Powell. Tasmania Australia on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I've_Been_Everywhere

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

I havnt been everywhere man, but there is a guy with wire wheels that lives in Winnemucca. Great guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

Dallas...you're right..nature has to balance out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Been to Winnemucca lots, nice place. I think there were other US versions with other places named, seems like, when I was a kid. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 08:16 am:

Very nice Harvey...mines next I'll get out the wax :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 09:04 am:

Harvey, nice display. We had -5 degrees F this morning. +55 last week. Forecasting +50's for the end of next week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

Mike - That "-5 degrees" you speak of must be "wind chill factor", right? I have kids & grandkids around St. Croix Falls,WI and I just talked to them and they just said it turned cold again, but they didn't say THAT cold!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

Harold
My parents live in Browerville MN. Forcast tonight is 2 degrees. Not far from -5. Its 9 right now. 55 degrees must be the temp in the house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 03:58 pm:

At any rate, "Ole, Sven & Lars" can have it, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

Harvey your car looks great !! Nice job~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

Harold I agree. Im ready for spring!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

Had a slight cold front brush by last night, A little cooler today, yesterday 70 today a frigid 67. Hope that helps dull the pain. Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

Ya! Right Harv! Its 23 here now. 15 to 20 mph wind. Im bringing in the brass monkey tonight!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Ai've been everywhere . . . Austrilian version . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UAh7ogwAYQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 06:31 pm:

Robert, I had never heard the Australian version, Thanks for sharing. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 11:00 pm:

That was fun Bob! Can that fella spit out those towns! Wow.
Just call me Ole since we got it here. 10 above right now. Sven and Lars are chilly too. I just asked. ;-)
Line (Lina) says she's cold and needs a good warm-up...
Your sister's T looks fantastic Harv! Great looking Coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 09:40 am:

Looks really great. Hope to have mine back together and going today. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration