Changing split rim much easier for me now

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Changing split rim much easier for me now
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

Sure wish I'd had this turnbuckle the last time I mounted some tires on split rims. Not totally my idea but I found this 8 inch turnbuckle on eBay for about $12.00, including shipping, and sure makes mounting a tire a LOT easier. Turn and shorten the span then when tire is mounted just reverse and extend and easy as that. Much easier than the original rim spreader for sure. Works for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

yea i use a ratchet strap. philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

The good thing about the turnbuckle is that it easily pulls in then will push out when you have the tire in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

Very good idea !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Nice it should expand the rim to

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration