Los Angeles area Club

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Los Angeles area Club
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

I had the pleasure of attending my first (and their last) meeting of the San Fernando Valley chapter club last year. I tried texting the guy who was trying to revive it but never heard anything back. Does anyone know anyone in this area who I can talk to who can maybe take a look at my touring for a bit of expert advice? Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

There are a number of LongBeach T Club that live in the Valley. I'd call the Long Beach club. Sad to hear of the San Fernando club . It used to be very active. Martynn Vowell who lives out that way said he attended two of their meetings and if they weren't talking ramrods they war talking about Stanley Steamers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 07:00 pm:

Jerry , I live in the west valley , pm me.

john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

Hey guys can you give me the date for the Riverside swap meet? and the Long Beach as well. I want to make both of them if I can. Thanks, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

Jerry, the San Fernando club is still trying to make a go of it as far as I Know.

The Long Beach Club is going strong and you are welcome to attend our meetings in Long Beach. Martin Vowell visits us often also. It just so happens that our March meeting is tonight at 7:30 at the All Saints Church, 346 Termino Ave, corner of Termino and Colorado, in Long Beach.

Scott, the Long Beach swap meet will be July 22nd at the Veterans Memorial Stadium in Long Beach, 5000 Lew Davis St.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 11:13 am:

The Southern California Model T Club is still going.......barely!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

It's really a shame as, I understand, Bruce McCalley founded it and it was the first ever chapter!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

In 1957 I attended a tour from Devinshire Downs which is near San Fernando to Kernville on the Kern river out of Bakersfield. We left early and stopped at Bakersfield for lunch and then on to Kernville. We camped out along the Kern River. Walt Rosendal was on that tour. We went right over the grapevine highway which was highway 99. No trouble as the speed limit was 55 in those days and many cars went slowly up the grades. I think the club was the San Fernando valley club.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 05:35 pm:

Lindley Ave runs through what was Devonshire Downs. The street was named for Lindley Bothwell who initiated the Rosenthal award. There is a lot of MTFCA history in the San Fernando Valley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

Jerry, I believe the SoCal club was founded in 1955. The Long Beach Model T Club started in October 1954. I'm not sure which club was first, but I don't think it was either one of these. Bruce was a member of Long Beach at one time also. The Horseless Carriage Club proceeded both of these clubs also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Jeff, I believe the San Fernando Valley Chapter was the founding chapter of the Model T Ford Club of America. The other clubs you mention were in existence prior to this, but then became chapters of the MTFCA. Bruce was there right at the beginning.

My wife, my younger son and I were fortunate to be hosted by Ben and Clara-Jo Ostergren on our first trip to The USA. The San Fernando chapter made us really welcome, and have done so on later trips also. It saddens me to hear the news that the struggle facing many of our car clubs has them in the same difficulties. I hope they can find an enthusiastic leader to take on the task.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration