What is the (C) for?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What is the (C) for?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 09:52 am:

While cleaning some brake drums for a rear end rebuild on a 25 Touring I found the letter C on the axle hub, What is it for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 10:03 am:

My facetious theory is that it stands for Close. Those bolts say the wheel was too close to the brake shoes. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 10:24 am:

I believe there are two possibilities. One it is an inspection stamp. You find them on many machined Model T parts or two it stands for Canadian manufactured part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

Yup, She is way to close. Iv shimmed it out just so the owner can get a ride in it then we start to take it down. He just bought the T and really wants to drive it. I told him its going to need a complete build. I just don't think I'm up to the task of a build as Iv never done one. The Melbourne area is going to get crowded with Model T's soon! I think this is number 5 in the area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

Just follow the axle book and ask the forum about anything that isn't clear. If I could do it, I expect you can too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 10:32 pm:

That's cool. Hehe, it's "C"ool.
Will, I saw this 6 this afternoon when I pulled this '15-'19 hub off an axle and apart for a possible axle gear pushing-holding jig for the '18.
What will our resident experts say about these marks. Not being smart at all. I hope you and I could get an answer.
Hehehe. Close...
Mine prob'ly referred to 6 shims to make it correct...

hub

Gosh, that ain't bad. Those 6 nuts are still full height tall nuts. :-) The 6 nuts on both sides of my Crappy-Lizzhe are worn into and they are the THIN nuts.
Ol' Crappy-Lizzhe sings to me "Please release me, let me go. For I need a rear-end rebuild too. To live this life would be a sin, rebuild me and let me live again."
And David D doesn't want to share his own internal dialog much. Sorry Will.

Please show us pics of anything out of the ordinary on that axle rebuild.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

Duey,
That's because this is a FAMILY forum!!
:-)
And besides, the voice tells me to not talk about him. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

If should be an "F"

As in felt seal goes here...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration