Photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

Is there a way to post pictures from an Android smartphone? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

Kenhaverhill, the way I do it is to transfer them from my smartphone to my computer and the I have to resize ( smaller then 240kb) them before I can post them on the forum.

Happy motoring,

Warren

MVTMTC grinding value seats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

The size limit is a little higher than that. It's 250 KB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

I downloaded photo resizer. " Resize Me"
Works great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Lebeda, Humboldt, SD on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 05:53 pm:

I use PAINT to resize on my PC and save photo as a .GIF file

Seems to work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 10, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

Kenneth...this is the one place that I use a re-size program. Learnt that from here!! I loaded the "simple resize" app onto my Android phone. Works well, very easy to use. Only thing is, sometimes it thinks a picture has to go onto the forum sideways, can't figure out why. Tried rotating it on the phone, still posts sideways. Does make it easier than sticking the card into the computer, especially if you're not near one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 06:01 am:

What is it with "value" seats? No disrespect intended, but I see "value" seats posted a lot, as opposed to "valve" seats. Is that something that is easily mistyped? I never learned to type(heck, I was never going to have an office job, so why would I need to learn to type, right? :-)). Just an honest question. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 08:14 am:

Steve, for some unknown reason if i try to unload a picture that has been resized to even 245kb it gets rejected for being to large.

The program I use is Photo Pad Image Editor.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Dave S., more than likely the poster is using a smartphone, the danged auto correct takes over. If you don't take the extra time to edit your text before hitting the "send" button, off it goes as such! I often forget to do that myself, but am getting better at it. I think maybe tablets have the same issues too, but not hundred percent sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 08:35 am:

Warren, I have a similar issue when I resize straight up from my computer. Steve and I both use Macs, but I think he uses a different method to shrink than I do, and often if I don't shrink 'em down to around 230kb, they're still actually posting too large. If I shrink to 245kb and go back and check the actual size in my photo file, the "shrunk" pic may actually be 255kb, +/-. Just shrink 'em a bit smaller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 08:57 am:

I use my iPhone for my work emails. But, I have a personal email account on my personal laptop.

So...If you have a similar situation, you can easily resize like this:

- Take the photo
- email the photo to yourself at the address you use on your computer
- Right after you hit send on the email with the photo attached, the iPhone will ask you what total size you'd like to send the attachments.
- If you're sending one photo, choose the option below 250Kb. If you're sending multiple photos, choose the option that averages the photos below 250Kb. (for instance, 3 photos, 750Kb).
- Then the photos arrive at your personal computer already sized for insertion into a thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Don my iphone was that way. My samsung wont do that so I had to download Resize Me .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 09:16 am:

For some weird reason unknown to me, the "official" file size of a photo after it's resized is often higher than what it was during resizing. Example:

Adjusting the height of this photo to 720 pixels gives it a Resulting Size of 250 KB.

But the supposed size afterwards shows as 287 KB.

That doesn't matter. As long as the Resulting Size at the time of resizing was 250 KB or less, the picture still posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Using my Samsung s5
I go to gallery
Click on little vertical dots upper right
Choose studio
Select picture
Choose adjustments lower left
Pick resize
I chose 25%
Touch done then saved as med resolution

Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 09:42 am:

Kirk, try it with percentages above 25%. See how high a percentage will work. You may be able to get a bigger picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 09:57 am:

After you go to gallery
First select picture
Then touch vertical dots upper right
Steve
I tried 50% too big

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Won't work that way on my Imac Steve. Dunno why..just won't. My resulting size has to be a bit below 250 or it just won't post as it seems to post off the larger preview size.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration