2017 St. Patrick's Day Parade - St Louis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 2017 St. Patrick's Day Parade - St Louis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

Okay, I'll admit it. I wimped out this year when it was 28 degrees and snowing. I did watch the parade online from one of the local TV stations. According to the program booklet, there were going to be three old car clubs in the parade: the Horseless Carriage Club, the Model T Ford Club of Greater St. Louis and the Gateway Antique Car Club. Only the Model T Club showed up for the parade, apparently.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B87JTwSoegxFcHgwVXV4THVfSVk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

I would have done the same to cold to have fun. Cool video. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 06:31 pm:

I kind of think that I earned a lifetime exemption in 2000 for wimping out of the parade because of weather. That year, the Model T Club was also scheduled to be in the parade, but the temperature was below freezing and - unlike the light snow this year - the snow was falling thick and fast in huge flakes. Phone consultation early in the morning resulted in a decision to forgo the parade. I called Sam Atkinson an hour later to confirm that the Model T Club had been in every St. Pat's parade since its inception in 1970. Sam said we had been, and I decided to give it a try on my own. Had to stop at an AutoZone to buy a squeegee because the snow was building up so thick on my windshield that I couldn't see. Not only was my car the only Model T in the parade that year, it was also the only antique car. No one else showed up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Dick, what does the Irish Gaelic sign say?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

Steven and Diana Thum in the fordor. Flo Riechhart, Steve and Mary Ellen Stevenson in the green touring. Dave Becherer in the red and white touring. Sam and Cindy Atkinson in the runabout. Kent Gilbane and Gwen Marlow in the center door.

It wasn't that cold out, above 30 when the parade started. It was actually a very fun day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

Gil, "Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig ón gClub na Model T Ford!" (Happy St. Patrick's Day from the Model T Ford Club).

Steven, I'm sure it was, but Ballwin to downtown and back even at 30 degrees didn't appeal to me. I invoked my lifetime exemption from 2000... :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration