Importing T engine from Canada

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Importing T engine from Canada
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 04:21 pm:

Would any one have experience with crossing the border recently with a complete Canadian engine into the USA any info would be greatly appreciated.Picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 04:37 pm:

I bought a roadster out of Canada last year. My buddy took my enclosed trailer and his truck. He had a passport as I did not. He picked up the car and came back no questions asked. I was told that each border agent is different as is our police here. Ease of crossing depends on the agent and if he is having a good day.
Hope this halps
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 04:39 pm:

I know if it has your serial number on it and you have title in hand to prove it is yours it makes life a whole lot easier if you know what I mean? Like some one did some minor work on it? for an inexpensive price? Hope this helps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

I dont think that an engine would be a problem. A bill of sale should cover that

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

i've hauled cars and parts both ways. all my stuff has been unrestored junk in the eyes of the boarder staff. the us always is easy, and never wants any money. the canadians are a different story every time you go. some days its junk. some days its not. if you have a title they dont want to see it, and if you dont have a title they can come up with stacks of forms and fees...IF they feel like it. so you dont say what condition your motor is, but if its a dead dirty old motor i do not think the US will care. if shiny and new, wel i'd atleast draw up a reciept of some sort. the real answer to your question is you wont know until you are driving AWAY from the boarder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Ryan on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

Clayton: Well answered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

Thanks hope this works in the picture on the far right is the third owner we are the fourth it's in great shape just wrong color and engine also the mag horn all small stuff 😉right...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

Glad to see you found a correct engine Craig.
It's my understanding that anything under $200 going into the U.S. from Canada is duty and tax free.
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

Thanks Ken ,we will be going up sometime this spring.With the engine are forked electric head lights, I was told they were installed in Canada later into 15 than were on American cars. Would any one know if the use of these "leftovers gas forks" with electric lamps are found more so the Canadian Ts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

Never had a problem crossing the border with Model T's no matter which way I was going. Always complete cars and not parts though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 01:33 pm:

"Oh, those old car parts (or scrap metal) in the back? I've been hauling those around for weeks. I have a bad back and am waiting for my buddy to get time to stop by and help me unload them. They originally came from the farm down the road from me."

That line has never failed me..........yet....

I usually cross during busy hours, they don't have time to mess with you- unlike a 3 a.m. attempt when they may be bored and looking for something to do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Monday, March 13, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

I brought a 26 Fordor from BC about 10 years ago, a basket case. The boarder patrol agent asked what I had in the enclosed trailer, then asked excitedly if he could see it. In his excitement he forgot to do his job and when I went to register/title it, had to return to a boarder patrol office to get the number inspected then title it in Washington. If you are going to use the number to register it in the US, get the inspection at the border, or find out your state's regulations.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration