'12, '13, '14 original vs reproduction lamps?? How to tell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: '12, '13, '14 original vs reproduction lamps?? How to tell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

I'm told that back in the '60s they were making some really good reproductions of lamps from this time frame and they can be tough to tell from the originals. I'm wondering if there are any real telltale signs? I was told that they are so good that it really comes down to how the finish looks on them and one has to see enough originals and reproductions to really tell. Any pointers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

I know on the E+J head lights 666 on the back of the hood copies have two holes originals have two holes with a vent that runs across between the two holes. Having originals the copies stand out when they come up for sale. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 09:53 am:

To my knowledge no one has made reproduction '13-14 lamps.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration